name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Neptune is Ruling the Astrological Landscape as Mercury Enters Pisces

Follow Me

Friday, January 31, 2020

Neptune is Ruling the Astrological Landscape as Mercury Enters Pisces



Uranus may have been calling the shots in last week’s new moon on January 24, 2020 but now it is Neptune’s turn to be ruling the astrological landscape.  On January 27, 2020, Venus in Pisces conjuncted Neptune in Pisces, inspiring me to tweet:
On the following day, January 28, 2020 Mars in Sagittarius squared Neptune in Pisces and I tweeted:
Neptune is a very complicated planet and its influence is very strong these days.  It rules the sign of Pisces so it really was a big deal when Venus and Neptune were conjunct in the sign of Pisces. And it was not so pleasant for most people when Mars in Sagittarius squared Neptune in Pisces.  Neptune is associated with the qualities of spirituality, compassion, redemption, inspiration, transcendence, and visionary experiences, but it has a shadow side of addiction, lying, escapism, chaos and confusion. 

I was watching Penny Thornton’s latest YouTube astrology video a few days ago on Neptune’s Way when a certain amount of clarity descended upon me and helped to dissolve that Neptunian fog.  Did I mention that Neptune is also associated with smoke and mirrors?  She spoke about the general theme of people feeling lost, confused, fearful and hopeless.  It certainly resonated for me and I have been hearing the same thing from my clients as well.  The prevailing sentiment these days seems to be what Penny was addressing: the feeling that I should be doing something but I don’t know what it should be.  Almost everyone feels that something has to change (after all, 2020 is earmarked to be year of massive change), but most of us are still in a fog (pardon the pun) as to what we should be done.  Penny assured us in her video that when the Neptune transit is over, we will know where we should be on our path. 

I suspect that this is exacerbated in my case because I have a very strong natal Neptune.  I am a quintessential Neptunian. Neptune is in my 1st house of self conjunct my Libra ascendant, Juno in Libra and Mercury in Scorpio. My Neptune also squares my natal Jupiter and Uranus in Cancer in the 10th house of career and public standing.  I have been undergoing a difficult Neptune square transit to my natal moon in Gemini for nearly two years and its orb is fading but I am still not totally unclear as to where I should be on my path.  I know that I need to make some changes in my work (my moon is also in the 8th house which certainly contributes to my psychic abilities) but I may need to wait until that aspect really has faded for the clarity to emerge.  But I am also under the influence of transiting Neptune in Pisces trining my Scorpio sun which is forming now and perhaps that one will be kinder due to its trine influence.  Trines are definitely much easier to deal with than squares.  Time will tell, as I will be undergoing this transit for another two years.

On February 3, 2020, Mercury enters the sign of Pisces.  Mercury will have an extended stay in the sign of Pisces because we are gearing up for the first Mercury Retrograde of 2020.  Mercury stations retrograde on February 16, 2020 in 12 degrees of Pisces, but it enters the shadow period on February 2, 2020 in 28 degrees of Aquarius.  Mercury will station direct on March 9, 2020 in 28 degrees of Aquarius and will re-enter Pisces on March 16, 2020.  Mercury remains in the sign of Pisces until April 11, 2020, so I’m not kidding when I say Mercury in Pisces is a long transit, with a brief stint in the sign of Aquarius.

What can we expect when Mercury is in Pisces?  Well, our thinking and communications are more intuitive and imaginative.  Our decisions are more likely to be made on the basis of intuition than logic. Our dreams will undoubtedly be more vivid and we may find ourselves knowing things we can’t explain because our subconscious is being triggered more when Mercury is in Pisces.  Imagination is heightened with Mercury in Pisces but we are dealing with a combination of intuition and delusion.  Don’t forget the shadow side of Mercury in Pisces: miscommunication and deception are just as likely.  And if you have a prominent Neptune in your chart like, me, it’s a good idea to set some mental boundaries because otherwise you might have some trouble discerning the difference between your thoughts and those of others.  Mercury in Pisces can definitely cast some of that Neptunian fog on our lives.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I have recently revised my menu of services and am now offering a Saturn Pluto Conjunction reading for $25 which will offer you some insight and guidance into how this major astrological event that occurred on January 12, 2020 in 22 degrees of Capricorn will impact you.  It’s not too late to purchase this reading because its effects will be felt for most of 2020. It can be purchased through my site at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons in person or by telephone.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am also available for tarot readings in person if you are in the Boston area or by telephone if you are unable to travel to my home in Newton, MA.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:



For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments at my home in Newton, MA on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.













No comments:

Post a Comment