name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Uranus Calls the Shots in the New Moon in Aquarius

Follow Me

Friday, January 24, 2020

Uranus Calls the Shots in the New Moon in Aquarius



The season of Aquarius officially commenced on January 20, 2020 when the sun entered Aquarius and I tweeted:

The Aquarian plot thickened on January 23, 2020 when the sun in Aquarius squared Uranus in Taurus, inspiring me to tweet:
This was a very restless, edgy vibe which probably led many of us to renew our commitment to making some major changes in our lives.  It may have felt like a crisis of action.  If you have any planets between 0-4 degrees of the fixed signs of Aquarius, Taurus, Leo or Scorpio, you really felt this aspect.  I have my Mercury in 0 degrees of Scorpio, and I confess that I am definitely feeling restless and wanting to make some major changes in my work and communication. For example, I would love to be doing more telephone readings and offering private astrology lessons over the phone.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com to get more details on this service.

On January 24, 2020, we have a new moon in 4 degrees of Aquarius that squares Uranus in 2 degrees of Taurus.  Once again, this new moon will have a major impact on any one with fixed planets in 0-4 degrees of those fixed signs.  That’s right, folks, first the sun squares Uranus and then the moon squares Uranus.  And we all know that Uranus rules Aquarius, so this is intense energy.  Aquarius is a very future oriented sign, so this new moon is an especially opportune time to set some new intentions in whatever area of life it falls in your chart because new moons are perfect for setting new intentions. The new moon in Aquarius falls in my 4th house and is widely conjunct my Mars in 14 degrees of Aquarius, so it’s no wonder that I am feeling the restless vibe. 

The first half of January saw us engulfed in Capricorn energy, including the Saturn Pluto conjunction on January 12, 2020. It may have triggered some fears from our past, but the influx of Aquarius energy (Mercury entered Aquarius on January 17th) is giving us more of a glimpse of the future.  The new moon squaring Uranus in Taurus can spark creativity and deliver new ideas at a rapid rate.  A major theme of this new moon in Aquarius is to stretch out of your comfort zone and get unstuck.  Believe me, a lot of people are feeling stuck these days.  A new moon in Aquarius beckons us to make a new start.  And with that moon squaring Uranus, if we don’t initiate change, it may be thrust upon us because that’s the way Uranus rolls.

The new moon in Aquarius is also accompanied by high levels of anxiety, crises and mood swings along with the Uranian qualities of unexpected changes, unpredictable behavior, abruptness and impulsiveness.  It could very well lead to arguments in relationships.  This causes me to believe that many of us will feel like this is a full moon and not a new moon.  I am probably in that camp myself, because the new moon will be so close to my Mars in Aquarius.  The Aquarius moon is forming a supportive sextile to Chiron in Aries that day, which may very well be saving grace aspect for relationships in terms of healing old wounds if we can use the Aquarian trait of detachment to gain a new perspective on that day.

On January 25, 2020, Mercury in Aquarius sextile Mars in Sagittarius, which may provide more inspiration for implementing new ideas. The moon in Aquarius is also conjunct Mercury, which can contribute to some sudden flashes of insight and eureka moments. It is also the Chinese New Year, which marks the Year of the Rat.   On the following day, January 26, 2020, Mars in Sagittarius squares Venus in Pisces, which could play out in a variety of ways.  It could increase our sexual desire but it could also trigger anger, lack of self-control and impulsiveness.  If you need to release some tension on that day, creative endeavors and exercise are two good options.  Try to engage in an activity that you enjoy without hurting others.

While the new moon represents a day of setting new intentions, it may not be the best day to implement them.  The moon enters the cardinal fire sign of Aries on January 29, 2020 and this day may be the best time to put those ideas into action.  By that date, the dust will have cleared from Uranus stirring the pot and the Venus Mars square.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I have recently revised my menu of services and am now offering a Saturn Pluto Conjunction reading for $25 which will offer you some insight and guidance into how this major astrological event that occurred on January 12, 2020 in 22 degrees of Capricorn will impact you.  It’s not too late to purchase this reading because its effects will be felt for most of 2020. It can be purchased through my site at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am also available for tarot readings in person if you are in the Boston area or by telephone if you are unable to travel to my home in Newton, MA.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments at my home in Newton, MA on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.












No comments:

Post a Comment