name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: The Sun Enters Taurus and a Wild Card New Moon in Taurus

Follow Me

Friday, April 17, 2020

The Sun Enters Taurus and a Wild Card New Moon in Taurus



The Aries energy has been very strong this week as we continue to battle the Coronavirus.  On April 15, 2020, Mercury and Chiron were conjunct in 6 degrees of Aries, inspiring me to tweet:
But the energy is about to shift on April 19, 2020 when the sun moves into the fixed earth sign of Taurus.  Taurus is a sign that craves stability, luxury and is receptive to pleasure.  It’s ruled by Venus, after all.  And we all know that Aries is ruled by Mars, so there are bound to be some kind of changes happening.  You don’t go from Mars to Venus vibes without a major energy shift. Taurus also likes to be very productive and we could definitely use a productive shift in our battle against this insidious disease that has stopped the world in its tracks.  But the shadow side of Taurus is that it can be stubborn and possessive because it is a fixed sign.

On April 22, 2020 we have a new moon in 3 degrees of Taurus.  Ironically, this is also Earth Day and it marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day.  It’s a perfect time to set a new intention for the earth, as new moons pertain to setting new intentions. I am referring to this new moon in Taurus as a wild card new moon because of its loaded aspects to Uranus and Saturn.  For starters, it conjuncts Uranus in 6 degrees of Taurus and it squares Saturn in 1 degree of Aquarius.  The new moon conjunct Uranus in Taurus could trigger some financial upsets, which is perfectly understandable given the current state of the economy and the world.  Uranus is extremely uncomfortable in the sign of Taurus because Taurus wants stability and Uranus wants revolutionary change.  With Uranus conjunct the new moon, we could also see some unsettling weather patterns as well. 

The new moon in Taurus squaring Saturn in Aquarius is especially troubling because it underscores the theme of the Saturn Uranus square which will prevail throughout 2021 and be exact in February 2021.  Saturn and Uranus in a square aspect do not play well in the sandbox.  The current lockdown is a manifestation of this aspect.  While Uranus is in favor of rebelling against the status quo, Saturn wants to preserve it and go back to the way things were.  It is becoming increasingly clear that our lives are not returning to that status quo any time soon.

The new moon in Taurus also squaring Saturn in Aquarius (the sign ruled by Uranus, I might add) also has a tendency to trigger fears, delays, tests and challenges.  The best way to deal with this new moon is to try to release our fears, which are very real and palpable at this time.  We need to remember that fear attracts fear, so let’s try to set a new intention of releasing them.  Perhaps we need to sit with our deepest fears because they represent a form of shadow work.  It might be helpful to write them down and release them so they don’t have such a hold on us.  I always love to meditate on a new moon to set new intentions, but this new moon is especially important to me.

It’s also important to remember that this new moon is ruled by Venus and we should try to set some new intentions to act in a more loving way towards others.  A new moon in Taurus is also an optimal time to spend some in nature if possible.  And if you can’t get outside, at least get outside in your meditations.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I have recently revised my menu of services and am now offering a Saturn Pluto Conjunction reading for $25 which will offer you some insight and guidance into how this major astrological event that occurred on January 12, 2020 in 22 degrees of Capricorn will impact you.  It’s not too late to purchase this reading because its effects will be felt for most of 2020. It can be purchased through my site at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions in order to practice social distancing.  A distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I have found myself exercising at home and going out for more walks when the weather is nice. Stay safe and healthy, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment