name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Venus Enters Gemini, Jupiter and Pluto Conjunction in Capricorn and a Full Moon in Libra

Follow Me

Friday, April 3, 2020

Venus Enters Gemini, Jupiter and Pluto Conjunction in Capricorn and a Full Moon in Libra




We have a rather busy week ahead of us astrologically.  On April 3, 2020, Venus enters the mutable air sign of Gemini until August 7, 2020 due to the upcoming Venus retrograde.  Venus stations retrograde in 21 degrees of Gemini on May 13, 2020 and stations direct in 5 degrees of Gemini on June 24, 2020.  On April 4, 2020, Jupiter and Pluto are conjunct in 24 degrees of Capricorn for the first of three Jupiter Pluto conjunctions of 2020.  The next two occur on June 29, 2020 and November 12, 2020.  And we have the biggest super full moon of the year in 18 degrees of Libra on April 7, 2020.

Venus in Gemini is usually considered to be a very social and communicative transit in which bonding occurs on a more mental level.  Intelligence is more appealing than physical attributes when Venus is transiting the air sign of Gemini.  Humor is also very important when Venus is in Gemini.  We need this quality during the Coronavirus pandemic, as it is forcing us to be social in less physical ways and we are forced to be more introspective about our relationships and finances.  The shadow side of Venus in Gemini is that it tends to be more fickle and finds it difficult to commit.  The fact that Venus will be retrograde in Gemini (the torn between two lovers archetype) from May through the end of June 2020 reinforces the theme of not making any major commitments such as marriage during this period.  Sorry to burst the bubble for anyone considering a June wedding.  Relationships and finances (Venus also rules money) are apt to be quite volatile during this transit.  Venus will be conjuncting my natal moon in Gemini in my 8th house on April 22, 2020 and on July 19, 2020, so I am definitely in the crossfire of this Venus in Gemini transit.

On April 4, 2020, Jupiter and Pluto are conjunct in 24 degrees of Capricorn.  Jupiter is not very comfortable in the sign of Capricorn and when it is conjunct Pluto it will magnify Pluto’s penchant for digging deep into our psyches to unearth fears that have disempowered us in order to transform ourselves.  I think it’s pretty safe to say that we are all feeling pretty fearful these days with the Coronavirus because it has totally dismantled the structures of our lives.  Fear is raging yet we need to tap into our reserves of strength and courage to deal with situations that are totally out of our control.  I think that it goes without saying that we now realize that the Saturn Pluto conjunction in 22 degrees of Capricorn on January 12, 2020 has disrupted the old order   of things with the Coronavirus.  The Coronavirus was beginning its spread in China back then. Jupiter conjunct Pluto in Capricorn has a strong theme of large scale happenings as we face the collapse of the old order and we approach the peak of the pandemic in mid to late April 2020. 

It won’t be easy, but we need to remember that Pluto is deepening Jupiter’s capacity to develop more faith, hope and optimism during these challenging times. I am clinging to the hope that as Jupiter and Pluto separate in July 2020, due to Pluto stationing retrograde on April 25, 2020 in 26 degrees of Capricorn and Jupiter stationing retrograde on May 14, 2020 in 27 degrees of Capricorn, we can see a return to normalcy.

The Jupiter Pluto conjunction is exactly conjunct my natal Chiron in Capricorn in my 4th house, and already I am feeling truly vulnerable. I am questioning if this is yet an opportunity to heal old wounds. Anyone who knows me well (and that is no easy feat with me being an intensely private Scorpio) knows that I don’t do vulnerable well.  I am inherently tough and defensive, but this pandemic has brought me to tears on more occasions than I care to admit and I confess to being scared.  I was watching 60 Minutes last week and totally resonated with what BrenĂ© Brown said about her difficulty with feeling vulnerable and the fact that we all have to admit that we are afraid in order to find courage and compassion for others.  I am also very mindful of the fact that the third Jupiter Pluto conjunction on November 12, 2020 occurs on my birthday in 22 degrees of Capricorn, which is the same degree of the Saturn Pluto conjunction in January.

On April 7, 2020 we have the biggest super full moon of the year in 18 degrees of Libra.  It’s called a super moon because the moon is extremely close to the earth.  I know that in my home state of Massachusetts, we have been told that the Coronavirus should reach its peak from April 7th through April 17th. I can’t sugarcoat the potential ramifications of this full moon; it will be a deeply emotional time. It will be extremely challenging because it is squaring that Jupiter Pluto conjunction in Capricorn and Mars in Aquarius will be squaring Uranus in Taurus, which is an aspect that screams the urge to break free from restriction and rebel against authority.  That is not exactly conducive energy these days when we are being asked to restrict our physical movements as a matter of life and death.  The fact that this full moon occurs in the relationship oriented sign of Libra further emphasizes the value we place on relationships, especially the relationship we have with ourselves. Libra is also associated with fairness, justice and balance.  This is a time when governments need to work to benefit the people, not just corporations. 

Personally, I have always found the annual full moon in Libra to be one of the more challenging full moons but this year that is especially true due to the Coronavirus and the fact that the full moon in 18 degrees of Libra conjuncts my ascendant in 16 degrees of Libra and squares my midheaven in 19 degrees of Cancer.  I am trying to have some gratitude for the fact that this full moon trines my Mars in Aquarius and my Gemini moon.  Maybe that grand air trine will work for me if I exert some effort…

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I have recently revised my menu of services and am now offering a Saturn Pluto Conjunction reading for $25 which will offer you some insight and guidance into how this major astrological event that occurred on January 12, 2020 in 22 degrees of Capricorn will impact you.  It’s not too late to purchase this reading because its effects will be felt for most of 2020. It can be purchased through my site at:

I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:

As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions in order to practice social distancing.  A distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth and stay home if you are sick.  I have found myself exercising at home and going out for more walks when the weather is nice. Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment