name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars and Neptune Tango to Create More Fog and Mercury Retrograde

Follow Me

Friday, June 12, 2020

Mars and Neptune Tango to Create More Fog and Mercury Retrograde



Traditionally the week between eclipses is considered to be a very weird, eerily calm and sometimes foggy period.  We experienced a powerful lunar eclipse in Sagittarius on June 5, 2020 when I tweeted:
Neptune in Pisces is adding to the fog these days.  On June 11, 2020, the sun in 20 degrees of Gemini squared Neptune in 20 of Pisces. Ironically, that date marked three months since the WHO declared coronavirus a pandemic.  On June 13, 2020, Mars in Pisces will conjunct Neptune in Pisces.  This can be a really tricky combination that has a strong theme of wanting to escape reality and with the reality of the past three months of lockdown during coronavirus, who can blame anyone for wanting to escape reality?

Mars in Pisces can stir up strife and anger over feeling like a victim or martyr and Neptune in Pisces can sow confusion, chaos and uncertainty.  If our anger is not expressed openly, it can lead to depression and bitterness. Mars can inspire Neptune to act more compassionately as we can feel like we are literally being supported by our intuition and a Higher Power.  We may find ourselves with more energy and enthusiasm for spiritual and creative goals. But people who are highly sensitive (I fall into this camp with my Neptune in the first house conjunct my ascendant) will need to be very careful under the auspices of this aspect by staying as grounded as possible and avoiding drugs and other escapist venues.

There is definitely a shadow side to this Mars Neptune conjunction in Pisces that we need to be mindful of.  There is a danger of a second wave or surge in coronavirus cases, especially with restrictions being lifted in many states.  We could find ourselves over-idealizing others which can open the door to deception and scandals.  In short, we could either feel very romantic or paranoid or delusional.  This aspect can play out either way.  Themes of deception and feeling like a victim or martyr are rife with this aspect and Mars conjunct Neptune will be influencing the next eclipse on June 21, 2020, which is a solar eclipse in 0 degrees of Cancer.  The most constructive way to channel this aspect is not get caught up in being too self-confident and to honor the Piscean energy of helping others by acting compassionately and focusing on creative endeavors.

On June 18, 2020, Mercury will station retrograde in 14 degrees of Cancer and will station direct in 5 degrees of Cancer on July 12, 2020.  Of course we all know that we have been under the influence of Mercury retrograde’s shadow since June 2nd and it won’t clear its retrograde shadow until July 26, 2020.

The bottom line is that if you have any planets between 5-14 degrees in the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn you will feel this Mercury retrograde big time.  It will be in my 9th house and will conjunct my south node in Cancer, so I suspect there will be some major karmic release.  For the rest of us, Mercury retrograde in Cancer will have a focus on reviewing and reassessing home and family. Since we have been spending so much time at home for the past three months, in a way this makes perfect sense.  And of course, we need to be mindful of the usual precautions involved with Mercury retrograde: allow extra time for transportation, expect communications snafus, be wary of missed, canceled or rescheduled appointments and try not to purchase electronic devices if possible or sign any contracts or accept a new job.  It is well known that if you accept a new job during Mercury retrograde, it will not be what you expected.  The exception to the job rule is if it is someone you have worked for in the past. Mercury retrograde in Cancer may make us even more emotionally sensitive to the frustrations that Mercury retrograde entails.  Between Neptune and Mercury retrograde in Cancer, we are dealing with a great deal of highly sensitive water energy.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions in order to practice social distancing.  A distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! Stay safe and healthy, everyone! 





No comments:

Post a Comment