name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Eclipse Season Starts off with a Bang with an Angry Lunar Eclipse in Sagittarius

Follow Me

Friday, June 5, 2020

Eclipse Season Starts off with a Bang with an Angry Lunar Eclipse in Sagittarius


Eclipse season is officially underway on June 5, 2020 with a powerful lunar eclipse in 15 degrees of Sagittarius.  The next two eclipses occur on June 21, 2020 in 0 degrees of Cancer and on July 5, 2020 in 13 degrees of Capricorn.

This lunar eclipse in Sagittarius has a very impulsive and angry vibe because it squares Mars in Pisces and is involved in a T-square that includes the sun and Venus in Gemini, the moon in Sagittarius, and Mars, Neptune and Ceres in Pisces.  This mutable T-square has a lot of nervous energy, but we need to remember that a T-square does serve to motivate us to change. The past week has seen incredible turmoil and violence following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis at the hands of a police officer.  This baby boomer is being reminded of the racially charged riots of the 1960’s that occurred in my childhood and it saddens me to see it happening again.  I am also reminded of the riots that ensued after police officers were acquitted of attacking Rodney King in 1992.  Ironically, the attack on Rodney King that happened in March 1991 also featured Saturn in the early degrees of Aquarius.  This is also a south node eclipse, which has a strong theme of being connected to the past and letting go.  It’s time to create a new future that doesn’t involve racism.

A lunar eclipse in Sagittarius has strong issues of freedom, truth, justice, the law, beliefs and disclosure.  The fact that the moon is squaring Mars in 15 degrees of Pisces has a vibe that is combustible and makes us prone to feeling more angry, edgy, irritable and prone to temper tantrums. Mars in Pisces also activates the victim theme and people feeling like they are not being seen or heard.  When people feel invisible, which is a very Neptunian theme (and Neptune is the ruler of Pisces), anger can ensue.  I suspect that there will be more angry outbursts in the coming week.  But all is not lost because Mars is also conjunct Neptune in 20 degrees of Pisces which can lead to compassionate and spiritual action if we channel this energy constructively. Just be mindful of the shadow side of this aspect, which is loss of focus as Neptune has a tendency to dissolve energy.

We have one other saving grace aspect that occurs on this lunar eclipse.  Mercury in Cancer forms a supportive sextile to Uranus in Taurus and this offers us the opportunity for some nurturing change in communications. We could experience some real breakthroughs with this aspect, so make the most of it.

Venus retrograde in 12 degrees of Gemini is compounding the effects of this eclipse by adding financial stress and making it more difficult to give and receive love and affection. The moon opposes Venus, which doesn’t augur well for love or finances.  There is bound to be a lot of anger surfacing in relationships.  Impatience and lack of self-control could easily manifest in hostile actions. Venus in Gemini is also squaring Mars in Pisces which could result in increased sex drive but also has the potential to add a layer of competitive tension that might spill out in angry outbursts and major conflicts.  Adding to the mix is that Venus in Gemini squares Neptune in Pisces, so we could be reassessing love relationships and finances.  This aspect contains a theme of a clash between the head and the heart.  The best way to deal with this energy is trust your heart.

I am a bit concerned myself about the effects of this eclipse as the moon in Sagittarius is opposing my moon in Gemini in my 8th house.  Talk about a double whammy!  I frequently tell my clients that a lunar eclipse is like a full moon on steroids and this one is no exception to that rule.    The pandemic has forced many of us to let go of the past and engage in some serious transformation.  I literally feel like I am once again the phoenix rising from the ashes as I let go of what is no longer serving my best interests and creating a new life for myself.  I am also very grateful for the fact that I tested negative for COVID-19 and feel that represents an opportunity for renewal and growth as my physical energy returns.

On June 6, 2020 the sun in Gemini is squaring Mars in 16 degrees of Pisces, which reinforces the anger theme.  The most productive way of channeling this energy is to be physically active.  If you have ever wanted to implement a new fitness routine, this is the time to do start exercising and avoid the shadow side of engaging in physical violence.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions in order to practice social distancing.  A distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! Stay safe and healthy, everyone! 

Don’t let this lunar eclipse stress you out.  Engage in some self-care by getting some relief from anxiety with a distance Reiki treatment or getting some astrological guidance with an astrology reading.







No comments:

Post a Comment