name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A More Sensitive Approach to Communications Emerges as Mercury Enters Cancer

Follow Me

Friday, May 29, 2020

A More Sensitive Approach to Communications Emerges as Mercury Enters Cancer


Communications and thinking are undergoing a major shift because Mercury entered the water sign of Cancer on May 28, 2020, when I tweeted:
That’s right folks, we are in for an extended transit of Mercury in Cancer courtesy of an upcoming Mercury retrograde that officially starts on June 18, 2020 when Mercury stations direct in 14 degrees of Cancer and stations direct in 5 degrees of Cancer on July 12, 2020.  But we all know there is a shadow period for a retrograde planet and Mercury enters it retrograde shadow period on June 2, 2020 in 5 degrees of Cancer, so don’t be surprised if you start feeling the effects of Mercury retrograde early next week.

When Mercury is transiting the sign of Cancer, there will be a marked change from the frenetic pace of Mercury in Gemini.  Our communications become more sensitive and sentimental as we reflect on the past. Reflection on the past will be doubly emphasized due to the retrograde.  Mercury in Cancer represents an opportunity to get closer to others as we have more of a willingness to listen to others and share more personal feelings.  It is a time when we feel more comfortable discussing the things that make us feel more vulnerable.  I don’t know about you, but this pandemic has made me feel extremely vulnerable.  We will probably be communicating in a softer manner and sharing our feelings on a more intimate level.  It’s easier to connect lovingly with others as our intuition soars and we find it easier to actually listen to others. But be mindful of the fact that there is a shadow side of Mercury in Cancer that involves a tendency towards crying more often and engaging in passive aggressive behavior.

Mercury in Cancer is also a time to ground and secure our emotions.  The water signs of Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces will truly be in their element. I am a Scorpio, so I know I will be receiving some beneficial trines to my sun, Mercury, Saturn, Venus, Ceres, and Pallas in Scorpio.  I will also experience some conjunctions from Mercury in Cancer to my south node, midheaven, Jupiter and Uranus in Cancer, so I suspect there will be some clearing of the decks karmically and some new ways of thinking about my career.

This is a relatively quiet week astrologically but next week that will change as we enter eclipse season which commences on June 5, 2020 with a lunar eclipse in 15 degrees of Sagittarius.  Right now we should continue to reap the benefits of Mars in Pisces forming a supportive sextile to Uranus in Taurus.  This aspect was exact on May 25, 2020 in 8 degrees of the planets’ respective signs.  We will be under the influence of this aspect until June 2, 2020 (the day Mercury enters its retrograde shadow) when Mars reaches 13 degrees of Pisces.

What can we expect from a Mars Uranus sextile? This aspect increases our desire for fun and excitement while it facilitates making changes in our life.  We could also find ourselves attracting different types of people and breaking away from relationships that are restricting and limiting.  This aspect also grants us a window of time to trust our instincts and take a risk, so make the most of it.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions in order to practice social distancing.  A distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! Stay safe and healthy, everyone!  



No comments:

Post a Comment