name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Retrograde Season is Officially Here While Mercury and Mars Change Signs

Follow Me

Friday, May 8, 2020

Retrograde Season is Officially Here While Mercury and Mars Change Signs







We are fresh off the heels off a powerfully intense full moon in Scorpio, but there is plenty of astrological action coming up in the next week.
Retrograde season will be officially here as three more planets join Pluto to form a retrograde party between May 11-14, 2020.  Saturn stations retrograde in 1 degree of Aquarius on May 11, 2020 and stations direct in 25 degrees of Capricorn on September 28, 2020.  I find it supremely ironic that Saturn is the first planet to station retrograde this coming week, joining its partner in crime Pluto.  By now we all know that the Saturn Pluto conjunction in Capricorn on January 12, 2020 was the beginning of the coronavirus.
We all know that when planets are retrograde it is a time to review and reflect.  The power of a planet is especially potent when it stations retrograde or direct.  Saturn begins its retrograde in the sign of Aquarius but moves back into Capricorn on June 30, 2020.  Saturn has a traditionally bad rep for being very frustrating in terms of the limitations and challenges it forces upon us.  Saturn retrograde in Aquarius is a time to review how our structures and habits support our expressions of freedom, our unique abilities and our intuition.  Saturn retrograde in Aquarius can be extremely uncomfortable because Aquarius loves freedom and during this period of COVOID-19 everyone’s freedoms are being severely curtailed. 

Saturn will be retrograde in Capricorn from July 1 through September 28, 2020.  Saturn rules Capricorn and is more comfortable in that sign, so its focus will be on reviewing and revamping our levels of maturity, responsibility, time management and planning for the future.

Venus stations retrograde in 21 degrees of Gemini on May 13, 2020 and stations direct on June 24, 2020 in 5 degrees of Gemini.  Venus is only retrograde approximately every 18 months, so it’s kind of a big deal. I have it natally in the sign of Scorpio, so I am all too familiar with its energy.  And this particular Venus retrograde will conjunct my natal moon in Gemini in my 8th house in early June 2020. When Venus is retrograde, it’s time to review relationships, creativity and finances. Venus retrograde in Gemini will also be squaring Neptune in Pisces, so it could very well boost our creativity and insight, but the shadow side of this Venus retrograde is that it could make us prone to self-indulgence, having poor personal boundaries and playing the victim in relationships.  And I always tell my clients not to get married when Venus is retrograde, because the relationship will undoubtedly have complexities and challenges that could prove to be insurmountable.  I realize that this may not be good news for those who dreamed of being a June bride, but in the age of coronavirus, weddings are anything but traditional.

Jupiter is the last planet to join the retrograde party.  It stations retrograde in 27 degrees of Capricorn on May 14, 2020 and stations direct on September 12, 2020 in 17 degrees of Capricorn.  When Jupiter is retrograde, it represents an opportunity to review and reflect on higher education, philosophy, the meaning of life, optimism and hope.  Jupiter in Capricorn is very practical and hope is a major theme during these challenging times.

On May 11, 2020 Mercury moves from the fixed earth sign of Taurus to the mutable air sign of Gemini, where it stays until May 28, 2020.  Mercury rules both Gemini and Virgo, so it is right at home here.  Mercury in Gemini is very comfortable and is more communicative, curious and sociable. It’s also more attracted to superficial knowledge (it loves variety) than delving deeply into one topic.  If there is a shadow side to Mercury in Gemini, it is that it is easily distracted.

On May 13, 2020, Mars moves from the fixed air sign of Aquarius to the mutable water sign of Pisces until June 27, 2020. Mars in Pisces experiences motivation on a more spiritual and emotional level; it’s just not that comfortable expressing itself physically. It dislikes confrontation and is very idealistic.  It does have a tendency to dip its toes into codependent waters by putting others needs ahead of its own, so be mindful of that fact.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/services-offered.html
I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions in order to practice social distancing.  A distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! Stay safe and healthy, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment