name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Busy New Moon in Gemini That Can Make Us Feel Pulled in Two Directions

Follow Me

Friday, May 22, 2020

A Busy New Moon in Gemini That Can Make Us Feel Pulled in Two Directions



We have a busy new moon in 2 degrees of Gemini on May 22, 2020 that can literally make us feel like we are being pulled in two directions between our heart and our mind.  Don’t forget that Gemini is the sign of the twins.

New moons are traditionally renowned as a time of setting new intentions and this one is no exception.  We also have a lot of planets in mutable signs during this new moon: the sun and moon in Gemini, in addition to Mercury and Venus conjunct in 19 degrees of Gemini, as well as Mars in 6 degrees of Pisces and Neptune in 20 degrees of Pisces.  A preponderance of planets in mutable signs can manifest in high energy, versatility, adaptability and chameleon like behavior. This planetary alignment can contribute to a lack of focus and a sense of not being terribly grounded. 

A new moon in Gemini is bound to be craving new information and will imbue us with a strong desire to explore an option of choices. The sun and moon in Gemini are also squaring Mars in Pisces, which can make us very assertive in the area of communications.  Mercury and are retrograde Venus are conjunct in 19 degrees of Gemini, which can definitely have us reflecting on relationships and finances.  But Mercury and Venus are squaring Neptune in Pisces, which can manifest in a fog of uncertainty, leading to a clash between the head and the heart.

Neptune has been a heavy astrological hitter in recent days.  On May 20, 2020 Venus in 20 degrees of Gemini was exactly square Neptune in 20 degrees of Pisces, inspiring me to tweet:
This aspect played out for me personally in a very unusual manner that resonates with the vibe of Venus and Neptune squaring each other. Venus was widely conjunct my moon in my 8th house by 6 degrees and on that day I decided to give up practicing Reiki at the Acupuncture for Everyone clinic in Boston.  It was an extremely difficult decision for me to make, as I had been working there for six years and derived enormous satisfaction from my practice. But life post-COVID and the logistics of practicing Reiki in the clinic which is being newly designed would not afford me the opportunity to practice Reiki in a safe manner.  The more I thought about how I could make accommodations to keep everyone safe, the more stressed out I became.  And there is the added fact that I am recovering from COVID-19 myself and awaiting the results of a test which I hope comes back negative because I have been symptom free for two weeks.  I decided to continue practicing distance Reiki and will hold on to my Brookline office, but I probably won’t be back there until July if I can figure out a way to make accommodations for safety in that space.

There is one very positive aspect present on the new moon in Gemini.  It trines Saturn in 1 degree of Aquarius, which can provide a very emotionally stabilizing influence.  It will inspire us to get real for the long haul and may indicate that people can come together for the long-term.  Saturn in Aquarius is all about making plans for the group.

On Memorial Day in the United States, May 25, 2020, Mars in 8 degrees of Pisces will be forming a supportive sextile to Uranus in 8 degrees of Taurus.  This will definitely not be an ordinary Memorial Day holiday thanks to COVID-19, but with this aspect present we can expect something to change suddenly in our favor.  Hold that thought and try to enjoy the holiday.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions in order to practice social distancing.  A distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! Stay safe and healthy, everyone!  




No comments:

Post a Comment