name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: The Nodes Change Signs and a Transformative Full Moon in Scorpio

Follow Me

Friday, May 1, 2020

The Nodes Change Signs and a Transformative Full Moon in Scorpio



The month of May promises to continue the path of transformation that the coronavirus initiated earlier this year.  Pluto stationed retrograde on April 25, 2020, inspiring me to tweet:
Today is May Day but not too many of us are in a celebratory mood for the season of spring or workers.  On May 5th, traditionally known as Cinco de Mayo, a day which commemorates the Mexican army’s victory over Napoleon III and the inspiration for many parties, we have an astrological turning point.  The nodes of the moon move from the north node in Cancer and the south node in Capricorn to the north node in Gemini and the south node in Sagittarius. The nodes will remain in Gemini and Sagittarius until January 18, 2022. The last time the north node, the sign of our collective destiny, entered Gemini, was in October 2001.  And the south node entered Sagittarius back then, which severely restricted long-distance travel, especially flying, shortly after 9/11. The south node is associated with karma, old habit patterns and is frequently referred to as the path of least resistance because we are so inherently comfortable with its traits.

As we conclude the transit of the south node in Capricorn, we can see it manifesting as governmental controls on our daily lives through lockdowns and a need for practical security.  The old structures of our lives have been rapidly dismantled as a result of the coronavirus.  The north node in Cancer increased the emphasis on emotional security and being at home more.  Hopefully it will also conclude as more compassion and nurturing behavior towards others during this challenging time that we are all undergoing.  Every day we hear stories of those on the front lines of this pandemic who are putting themselves out there and giving to others.  This is truly the best manifestation of integrating the compassion associated with Cancer with the power, responsibility and leadership of Capricorn.

I have my south node in Cancer and my north node in Capricorn and I can tell you that one of the most difficult lessons in my life has been trying to integrate the Capricorn energy into my life. I have a great deal of water in my chart, lots of Scorpio and Cancer planets, which makes my rely more on my emotions and intuition, so Capricorn issues of practicality, responsibility and leadership has felt like an alien presence in my life, but I do feel that I have made some progress in harnessing that energy.  I have also found that to be the case in many of my clients’ lives.

When the north node moves into Gemini, communication will be a major theme and lesson for all of us. The sign of Gemini is linked to the lungs and I don’t think that it is an accident that the coronavirus is a respiratory ailment.
The signs of Gemini and Sagittarius are mutable, which may stand us in good stead as we definitely need to adapt and be versatile in these challenging times.  But it also important to remember that viruses can mutate and come back, as we are being constantly told by doctors.

Gemini is by its nature a very social sign, but these days a great deal of our connectivity is being found online.  The perk of a north node in Gemini is that online businesses should be very prosperous while the north node is in this sign. Gemini is also very concerned with information and is non-conformist, so I wouldn’t be surprised if different social media platforms arise. Just be mindful of the potential for Internet deception and fraud, as Gemini is ruled by Mercury.  While the north node is in Gemini, we will be living much more locally and short trips will be the norm. There will be a strong focus on the neighborhood while the north node is in Gemini. 

The south node in Sagittarius is concerned with the truth and learning.  But we also need to let go of global movement and travel, because flight as a mode of travel is not currently possible. Air travel changed dramatically after 9/11 (the last time we experienced this nodal placement). Sagittarius is also associated with the law and it is quite possible that our old system of law will undergo major transformation.

The bottom line is that for the next year and a half we need to think more locally and integrate the more positive traits of Sagittarius of honesty, craving for knowledge, adventurousness, optimism and independence into the north node traits of Gemini, which include adaptability, intelligence and sociability.

On May 7, 2020 we have the third Full Super Moon of 2020 in 17 degrees of Scorpio.  Super moons occur when the moon is extremely close to the earth in its orbit.  Full moons are always very emotional times, but a full moon in the highly sensitive water sign of Scorpio is bound to be even more emotionally intense.  Full moons are also a time of closure and revealing light on secret matters.  Scorpio is a sign that revels in research and digging deeply.  A full moon in Scorpio can indicate that light will be shed on issues of trust and betrayal.  Those secrets could also involve issues of sexuality and illicit wealth, as Scorpio is the sign of other people’s money. 

We have two major aspects that are also featured in this full moon in Scorpio that involve Neptune in Pisces. Venus in 21 degrees of Gemini is squaring Neptune in 20 degrees of Pisces, which could play out in a couple of ways: a yearning for love and social contact or unclear and foggy information being presented.  But the full moon in Scorpio is also forming a beneficial trine to Neptune in 20 degrees of Pisces, which will hopefully manifest in compassion, inspiration and unconditional love.  Don’t forget that Scorpio has tremendous courage and unrelenting focus.  It is a born survivor.  Astrologer Michael Lutin once said that if any sign could survive a nuclear holocaust, it would be a Scorpio.  I am banking on that, as this full moon is two degrees away from my sun and I am hoping that it brings some closure to my battle with the coronavirus, although the fatigue seems to linger. It is also forming a wide sextile to my Chiron in the 4th house, which gives me some hope.  But my doctor has told me to expect that the fatigue is the last symptom to leave.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I have recently revised my menu of services and am now offering a Saturn Pluto Conjunction reading for $25 which will offer you some insight and guidance into how this major astrological event that occurred on January 12, 2020 in 22 degrees of Capricorn will impact you.  It’s not too late to purchase this reading because its effects will be felt for most of 2020. It can be purchased through my site at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions in order to practice social distancing.  A distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! Stay safe and healthy, everyone!  Enjoy and reap the transformational power of this full moon in Scorpio!





No comments:

Post a Comment