name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Solar Eclipse in Cancer and Shifts in Direction for Neptune and Venus

Follow Me

Friday, June 19, 2020

Solar Eclipse in Cancer and Shifts in Direction for Neptune and Venus


The season of Cancer is upon us in a very big way.  Mercury stationed retrograde in 14 degrees of Cancer on June 18, 2020, inspiring me to tweet:
Mercury will be in Cancer for the whole retrograde period, stationing direct in 5 degrees of Cancer on July 12, 2020 and this really ups the emotional ante.  But there is plenty more Cancer energy on the horizon.  The sun enters the sensitive water sign of Cancer on June 20, 2020.  This is called the Summer Solstice and is the official start of summer.  But thanks to COVID-19, this will be no ordinary summer.

When the sun is in the sign of Cancer, we tend to be more self-protective, focused on home and family, experience deep emotions and feel more sentimental.  Who isn’t feeling nostalgic these days for the life we had pre-COVID-19?  So it is probably a good thing that we will feel more comfortable spending more time at home because our life literally depends on it.

On June 21, 2020, we will experience the second of three eclipses that will rock our world this summer. The previous one occurred on June 5th and was a lunar eclipse in 15 degrees of Sagittarius.  This eclipse will be a solar eclipse in 0 degrees of Cancer.  The last time we had a solar eclipse in 0 degrees of Cancer was also on June 21st in 2001. Many believe that was a precursor leading to 9/11.  I am not saying that this eclipse will lead to another war, but many of us already feel like we are at war with an invisible enemy, which is COVID-19.  The effects of a solar eclipse can be felt up for up to three months before and up to one year after they occur.

The solar eclipse in Cancer will contain strong themes of emotional security, nurturing and compassion for others, but it can also be very reactive energy.  It happens to fall on Father’s Day. It is conjunct the north node in 29 degrees of Gemini, so it will definitely have far reaching implications for our future.  It is also on the world axis at 0 degrees of the cardinal sign Cancer.  Anyone with planets in the early degrees of the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn will feel the effects of this eclipse intensely.  And anyone with planets in the very late degrees of the mutable signs of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces will also be feeling the brunt of this eclipse.  I am definitely in the line of fire on this eclipse as it widely conjuncts my south node in Cancer in my 9th house and trines my Mercury in Scorpio and Neptune in Libra in the 1st house.

What is the astrological landscape for the eclipse?  The sun and moon in Cancer are inconjunct Saturn in Aquarius.  I have a natal moon Saturn inconjunct and I can tell you from personal experience that this is not the easiest aspect to deal with in terms of getting your emotional needs met as it tends to restrict nurturing. So while Cancer is a very nurturing sign, we may find it difficult to act out our nurturing feelings.  The moon in Cancer is also squaring Chiron in Aries on the day of the eclipse, so we could be facing some challenges on healing old emotional issues.  But we could benefit from the Cancer moon forming a supportive sextile to Uranus in Taurus on the day of the eclipse.  Eclipses are renowned for bringing change, but having the moon sextile Uranus gives us a shot at some welcome and pleasant changes occurring.  Let’s try to hold onto that thought…

On June 23, 2020, Neptune stations retrograde in 20 degrees of Pisces until November 28, 2020 when it stations direct in 18 degrees of Pisces.  Neptune retrograde is not nearly as dramatic as Mercury retrograde; it can be a time of spiritual awakening and creativity.  But we do need to be mindful of its shadow side which can lead to escapist activities and a tendency to play the victim.  Anyone with planets in18-24 degrees of the mutable signs of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces will feel the effects more acutely.

On June 25, 2020, Venus will station direct in 5 degrees of Gemini.  It has been retrograde since May 13, 2020, when it stationed in 21 degrees of Gemini.  Venus retrograde probably caused many of us to reevaluate our relationships, values, finances and creativity.  So we can at least feel freer to move forward in these areas of our lives, while we will have Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto and Neptune retrograde.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions in order to practice social distancing.  A distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! Stay safe and healthy, everyone! 

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!





No comments:

Post a Comment