name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Super New Moon in Libra and the Sun Enters Scorpio

Follow Me

Friday, October 16, 2020

A Super New Moon in Libra and the Sun Enters Scorpio

 



We have a Super New Moon in 23 degrees of Libra today that is really generating lots of tension with its hits to the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.  It’s called a super new moon because it is so close to the earth.  Traditionally, a new moon in Libra is a time associated with the themes of love, peace and seeking balance and harmony, but 2020 has not exactly been a traditional year. Some people may find themselves restoring a sense of balance through arguments and mediation with attorneys.

Why is this new moon generating so much tension?  Chalk it up to the cardinal T-square.  This new moon in 23 degrees of Libra is squaring the triumvirate of planets in Capricorn: Jupiter in 19 degrees, Pluto in 22 degrees and Saturn in 25 degrees and opposing retrograde Mars in 20 degrees of Aries.  The moon squaring Jupiter may pose some difficulties in uniting our sensitive feelings and emotions with our impulse to expand and manifest our dreams, which could slow down our motivation.  The new moon squaring Pluto will undoubtedly increase our need to be in control, so don’t be surprised if ego conflicts with authority figures arise.  The moon squaring Pluto could also expose our deeply buried fears pertaining to death, persecution and loss of control.  A new moon in Libra squaring Saturn in Capricorn has themes of testing our character and providing challenges, delays, restrictions and extra responsibilities.  We need to face our challenges head on or things will only get worse.  The hit to Saturn can also bring feelings of depression and pessimism, but try to remember that this is only temporary.

The new moon in 23 degrees of Libra opposes retrograde Mars in 20 degrees of Aries and this might make it feel more like a full moon.  It will trigger feelings of irritability, hostility, jealousy, aggression, impulsiveness and sexual tension.  The most constructive way of dealing with this energy is to be open and honest about dealing with our strong desires and have a physical outlet to release tension: either exercise or sex with a trusted partner.  We are also dealing with Mars in Aries squaring Pluto in Capricorn, which will intensify the themes of needing to be in control, power struggles and aggressive reactions to situations that are seemingly out of our control.

As I mentioned earlier, the cardinal signs are bearing the brunt of this new moon in Libra. But it goes without saying that we should all be setting new intentions and planting the seeds on this new moon because they will come up for reassessment when we have a full moon in Libra on March 28, 2021. Aries will see this new moon in their 7th house of relationships and this could provide the impetus for positive changes.  Cancer will have this new moon in their 10th house of career and public standing, which could not only affect their careers but their marital status. Capricorn will have a new moon in their 4th house of home and family, which could play out as a physical move to another home, home renovations or even a new family member.  There might even be more harmony on the home front.  And Libra will have the opportunity to embark on a whole new cycle and address personal issues, their image and the chance to do something different to further their ambitions. 

I may be a Scorpio, but I have a cardinal T-square in my chart that will be heavily activated by this new moon in Libra.  It conjuncts my Juno and Neptune in Libra in my 1st house, squares my Chiron in Capricorn in my 4th house and squares my midheaven, Uranus and Jupiter in my 10th house.

Speaking of Scorpio, the sun enters Scorpio on October 22, 2020.  It is joining Mercury, which stationed retrograde in 11 degrees of Scorpio on October 13th, when I tweeted:


When the sun is in Scorpio, intensity rules and there is an all or nothing vibe. We have a strong drive to uncover the truth and engage in some deep research and investigation.  It is time for some serious soul searching.  The sun in Scorpio can also be a very healing and transformative period.  

But there is also a shadow side to Scorpio: a tendency towards jealousy, vindictiveness and manipulation.  The best way to deal with the sun in Scorpio is to rise above your limitations and restrictions so that you literally become the phoenix rising from the ashes.  Pardon the pun. 

If you are curious about how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/services-offered.html 

I am also offering private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as FaceTime, Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology. 

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/services-offered.html

 

A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice. If you prefer to send a donation through Venmo or pay for a reading through Venmo, my handle is Linda Simons @Linda-Simons-7.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity. I offer a 24 card tarot card reading for $50 which incorporates the twelve houses of the horoscope.

 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:

 

http://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_19.html

 

The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions until further notice in order to practice social distancing. I recently learned that I no longer have my Brookline office, so all of my Reiki sessions will be distant Reiki sessions for the foreseeable future. When it becomes clearer that the virus no longer poses a threat, I will find a new space to practice. In the meantime, a distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages. I do miss seeing my clients, so I am now offering Zoom consultations/intakes before the session so that we can see each other. I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is based on a sliding scale of $30 -$50. For your convenience, I accept Venmo for payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:

 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-distance-reiki-can-help-you-during-coronavirus-linda-simons

 

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:

 

www.reikiwithlindasimons.com

 

I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:

 

http://bostonvoyager.com/interview/meet-linda-simons-reiki-linda-simons-coolidge-corner-brookline/

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.

 

https://twitter.com/danceofphoenix

 

I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! I speak from personal experience and consider myself very fortunate to have survived Coronavirus. Stay safe and healthy, everyone! 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment