name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Showdown as Mars Opposes Saturn and Hope with a Taurus New Moon

Follow Me

Friday, May 15, 2015

Showdown as Mars Opposes Saturn and Hope with a Taurus New Moon



Mars entered Gemini on May 11th.  On that day I tweeted:

“Prepare for diversity and less focus in how we go about our activities as Mars enters Gemini today.  We may have too many choices.”

Let’s face it, Gemini loves variety and considers it the spice of life. Mars has a major face-off with Saturn in Sagittarius on May 15th in two degrees of each sign.  When Mars and Saturn are in challenging aspect to each other, it is not a pretty sight.  Mars opposing Saturn is a stormy aspect regarding boundaries and limitations of our personal and collective limitations.  Our thinking, as represented by Gemini, needs to align with Sagittarian ideals. This aspect forces a major reality check and clashes with authority are to be expected. Don’t initiate any conflicts if you can help it, because you will probably lose.  It has a strong theme of frustrated action and energy levels may feel restricted.  After all, Saturn is all about restrictions and limitations, as well as teaching us valuable lessons.  A stop-start kind of feeling is very common with this aspect.  Especially with Saturn in Sagittarius, this aspect could play out with some rather sticky international standoffs and implications.

We also have Mercury in Gemini entering its official retrograde period on May 18th, the day of the Taurus new moon.  Mercury in Gemini coupled with Mars in Gemini is bound to bring some tension filled communications and actions. Mercury entered its shadow retrograde period on May 4th, so some of us may be feeling the retrograde effects already.  On May 12th, I tweeted:

“It’s going to be a fasten your seat belt bumpy ride kind of Mercury retrograde. Feeling the effects already.”

This tweet was inspired by the Pisces moon conjunction to Neptune on that day, which held the potential for either enlightenment or escapism.  That’s the way Neptune plays, especially when the moon is in the sign Neptune rules. 

The bottom line with Mars opposing Saturn is that we will probably all feel some level of discomfort and struggle in some area of our lives.  My natal Mars in Aquarius squares my Saturn in Scorpio, so I am all too familiar with this energy.  I could never in all honesty say that my life has been easy because whatever I have achieved in my life has come through hard work.  Saturn challenging Mars makes you work for what you want in life; there is no free pass.

While we do have Mercury stationing retrograde in 13 degrees of Gemini on May 18th, we also have a beautiful new moon in 27 degrees of Taurus on the same day.  How cool is that?  Taurus is ruled by the sign Venus, so this new moon is an optimal time to nurture yourself, be kind to yourself, surround yourself with beauty and plan for wealth.  Remember that Taurus is the sign of the bull.  Taurus is renowned for its determination, persistence and patience because it is a fixed sign.  It is a time to build solid foundations. Be smart and cultivate that Taurean energy before the Sun enters Gemini on May 21st.

The Taurus New Moon will fall in my 8th house and oppose my Venus in Scorpio in the 2nd house while squaring my Pluto in Leo in the 11th house.  I have no doubt that issues of finances and power will arise.  I will probably need to release some ideas that are no longer serving me well to make room for more viable concepts.  My goals may change and I wouldn’t be surprised if my friendships and group associations undergo some changes as well.  Time will tell.

If you are confused during these challenging times and need some guidance in empowering you to move forward, that is yet another reason to obtain an astrological reading.  You can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:





No comments:

Post a Comment