name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Super Full Moon in Gemini Emphasizes the Power of Words

Follow Me

Friday, December 9, 2016

Super Full Moon in Gemini Emphasizes the Power of Words



The last full moon of 2016 is also a Super Full Moon and will occur in 22 degrees of Gemini on December 13, 2016. Its Super Full Moon status ensures that it will be very big and bright accompanied by potent themes of endings, completion and major revelations of truth.  The Sun in Sagittarius, ruled by the planet Jupiter, is opposing the moon in Gemini, ruled by Mercury.  The challenge with this full moon is to make our higher consciousness and ideals more real.  It receives some assistance in this matter by the Saturn Sun conjunction in Sagittarius that is exact on December 10, 2016.  Trust me on this one (I have this aspect natally), Saturn conjunct the Sun is a grounding influence that forces one to face reality and their responsibilities.  But the bottom line is that communication will be paramount in how this full moon plays out.

Mercury is literally calling the shots with this full moon.  It is already in the shadow period of the upcoming Mercury retrograde that commences on December 19, 2016 and is moving closer to Pluto in Capricorn.  When Mercury and Pluto hook up, we can definitely expect intense, deep level permanent change.

Jupiter in Libra is no slouch, either in terms of the impact this full moon will have on us. Jupiter in 18 degrees of Libra is forming a lovely Grand Air Trine with the moon in 22 degrees of Gemini and Mars in 25 degrees of Aquarius.  The promise of a grand air trine brings creativity, new ideas and bigger visions   If I sound ecstatic about the grand air trine, it is because I have one natally involving my Gemini moon, Libra ascendant and Mars in Aquarius. Jupiter is also moving into a closer orb for its three upcoming oppositions with Uranus in Libra.  The first exact Jupiter Uranus opposition will occur on December 27, 2016 in 20 degrees of Libra and Aries, the second on March 7, 2017 in 22 degrees and the final one on September 27, 2017 in 27 degrees.  We will probably be feeling the effects of this aspect on December 13th because Jupiter will be in 18 degrees of Libra and Uranus will be in degrees of Aries.  The themes of Jupiter opposing Uranus include a strong need for space in relationships, the potential for perspectives on love and money to change, and a fear of change that can be replaced by willingness to adopt new policies.  It is definitely an aspect of sudden change.

This full moon in Gemini will illuminate and bring revelations to whatever area of life it touches in your chart.  It falls in my 9th house of ethics, philosophy, religion, long distance travel and higher education.  It also trines my Neptune and Juno in Libra in my 1st house, so I have no doubt that it will impact me on a deep spiritual level. 

In keeping with the theme of examining the big picture, I looked at President-Elect Donald Trump’s chart to see how this super full moon would affect him.  Guess what folks?  The full moon in 22 degrees of Gemini is exactly conjunct his sun in 22 degrees of Gemini in his 10th house of career and public standing as well as his natal Uranus in 17 degrees of Gemini, also in his 10th house.  The fact that Donald Trump has a natal Sun Uranus conjunction goes a long way in explaining his unpredictable behavior and totally unpredictable victory in the recent United States presidential election.  It will only be amplified on this full moon and I have no doubt that he will make quite a splash in the news pool that day!  There is absolutely no way that he will be inconspicuous with this astrological aspect falling in his 10th house.   A full moon in your 10th house really delivers full public exposure.  Predicting that he will say or do anything is an understatement. Major appointments and/or policy decisions could be announced on this full moon. Take a peek at his chart.


Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign and house placement as part of my coaching program.  After all, the north node does represent the soul’s purpose in life, so why not use it as a tool?  If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer a basic astrological reading that will offer insight into your astrological DNA and the major themes in your life and delving into any pressing issues, one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months. If you purchase a three or six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affected you and take a peek at the eclipses of February 2017. An astrological reading also makes a great Christmas gift! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am still channeling that Virgo north node energy by offering my Reiki services.  If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


I have recently joined the International Center for Reiki Training Membership Association.


Please feel free to learn more about this wonderful organization at:

I am also offering my Reiki Holiday Promotion again this year which allows you to purchase three treatments for yourself or as a gift of health for a loved one.  More details are available at:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

I have also launched a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  With the upcoming holiday season, any of these packages makes a great gift. I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:

No comments:

Post a Comment