name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Cardinal T-Square Adds More Fuel to the Fire of a New Moon in Aries and Jupiter Retrograde

Follow Me

Friday, April 5, 2019

A Cardinal T-Square Adds More Fuel to the Fire of a New Moon in Aries and Jupiter Retrograde



The month of April is off to an intense and energizing start due in no small part to the influx of Aries energy. Aries is the cardinal fire sign that is the sign of the warrior and represents courage, new beginnings, with a shadow side of impatience and impulsive behavior.  There is a new moon in 15 degrees of Aries on April 5, 2019, but the moon actually moved into Aries late on the evening of April 3, 2019.  And on April 4, 2019, it sextiled Mars in Gemini, inspiring me to tweet:
The new moon on April 5, 2019 features a cardinal T-square involving the sun and moon conjunct in 15 degrees of Aries squaring Pluto and Saturn in Capricorn with Pluto in 23 degrees of Capricorn exactly conjunct the south node in 23 degrees of Capricorn.  And adding to the mix is the fact that the asteroid Pallas Athena, the goddess of wisdom, also features prominently in this T-square in 21 degrees of Libra.  Pallas Athena is also a warrior, which fits in with the Aries theme even though it opposes the new moon and squares Saturn, Pluto and the south node in Capricorn.  Pallas Athena may be a warrior, but she also possesses reason, balance, and searches for the truth while having the capacity to see the big picture.

As someone who has her own natal cardinal T-square, I can tell you from personal experience that a T-square will push you to get moving.  I swear that it more than compensates for the lack of fire in my chart.  The fact that this T-square is the predominant energy of this new moon indicates that if we are not feeling like we are owning our power, we could encounter some obstacles and people trying to control us.  The new moon squaring Pluto in Capricorn is bound to trigger some power issues and with Pluto conjunct that south node in Capricorn these may very well be quite karmic and long-standing.  It really is time to release old patterns of fear, cynicism and pessimism as well as the need to control which prevents us from fully experiencing our emotions.  We may be forced to relive the past in order to create a more stable and secure future, which is what the north node in Cancer is asking us to do.  Saturn’s role in this new moon alludes to the potential for transition in governments, economy and authority figures.  We could be experiencing conflicts between fear vs. trust, pessimism vs. optimism, and materialism vs. compassion.  I wouldn’t be surprised if abuses of authority are revealed as a result of this new moon.

A new moon in Aries wants new beginnings NOW and consequently we may feel quite frustrated and impatient if things aren’t happening on our timetable.  But the most productive use of all this initiating cardinal energy is to integrate it, not fight it.  Use the Saturn in Capricorn energy to focus more and work slowly and methodically to attain our goals.  Control and transformation are strong themes of this new moon and the bottom line is that transformation can’t be rushed. Anyone who has planets in 20-23 degrees of the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn will undoubtedly dealing with issues of control and transformation now. A great deal of what is happening astrologically in 2019 is preparing us for the big event of 2020: the Saturn/Pluto conjunction in 22 degrees of Capricorn on January 12, 2020. 

Jupiter will be stationing retrograde in 24 degrees of Sagittarius on April 10, 2019 through August 11, 2019, when it stations direct in 14 degrees of Sagittarius.  Jupiter retrograde is nothing like Mercury or Mars retrograde, so please be aware that there is no cause for alarm here.  Jupiter retrograde is a time of spiritual introspection and reflection involving issues of growth, happiness and success.  It is an opportunity to take stock and make sure everything is right before engaging in any expansion.  The worst that can happen during Jupiter retrograde is that travel plans can go awry.  But it is a great time for dieting, because Jupiter’s expansive principle is not operating on full capacity. There are also some other astrological perks involved in this Jupiter Retrograde.  Jupiter is currently featured in an out of sign trine with Uranus in 1 degree of Taurus, which could bring some lucky breaks out of the blue.  And on April 10, 2019, when Jupiter stations retrograde, Venus and Neptune will be conjunct in 17 degrees of Pisces.  How sweet is that energy for creativity?

Pluto and Saturn in Capricorn will be stationing retrograde on April 24th and April 29th respectively, and believe me, these will be much more challenging transits than Jupiter retrograde.  Jupiter retrograde favors meditation and reflection.  If we do this work during the next four months, we will be primed to act on launching our endeavors when Jupiter stations direct this summer.  Use this time wisely and learn from it because Sagittarius is after all, about learning and education.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 15 minutes or 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $25 or $35.  In the spirit of utilizing the energy of the January 5th solar eclipse in my 3rd house, I am starting to use FaceTime for my readings and have installed the Google Duo app on my phone for the benefit of my Android clients. So if you want to see me in addition to talking to me, I am giving you the option to do so. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:



This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 15 and 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


















No comments:

Post a Comment