name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars Moves into Gemini and Mercury Conjunct Neptune Take Two

Follow Me

Friday, March 29, 2019

Mars Moves into Gemini and Mercury Conjunct Neptune Take Two



Mars, the planet of action, desire and passion is on the move again.  On March 31, 2019, it leaves the practical earth sign of Taurus for the mutable air sign of Gemini, where it stays until May 15, 2019.  I don’t know about you, but I am extremely grateful that we don’t have a Mars Retrograde this year, after last year’s Mars Retrograde that transpired from June 26 through August 26, 2018 in the signs of Aquarius and Capricorn.  The general consensus of that Mars Retrograde was that people felt derailed, stuck and forward movement wasn’t happening. In short, it wasn’t the best summer.

But Mars in Gemini will literally bring a breath of fresh air to our actions.  Mars in Taurus was slow, deliberate, at times stubborn, prodding and focused on achieving its goals.  Mars in Gemini is bound to have us in engaging in more diversified interests with a more flexible attitude.  But the downside of Mars in Gemini is the potential to be more scattered and have more trouble focusing.  However, it you are into multi-tasking, this can be a golden opportunity to spread your energies and try new things as you can feel like you are in your element.  Since Mars is the planet associated with sex, don’t be surprised if the brain becomes an erogenous zone during this transit as a meeting of the minds can become the ultimate turn-on. Mars in Gemini is very intelligent, quick thinking and charming. 

Mars in Gemini also has a lot of duality associated with it.  It’s the sign of the twins, don’t forget. There can be two sides to the transit of Mars in Gemini.  In addition to the charm and wit of Mars in Gemini, the shadow side of Mars in Gemini is a tendency to feel restless and irritable. We don’t take kindly to criticism when Mars is in Gemini.  Automobile accidents, road rage and temper tantrums tend to be on the rise when Mars is in Gemini.

Mars in Gemini will conjunct my moon on April 22, 2019, so I need to be mindful of my emotional triggers.  But it will also be trining my Libra ascendant and Mars in Aquarius at the same time, so I am hoping that this activation of my Grand Air Trine will have more energizing benefits than drawbacks.

Mercury and Neptune will be conjunct in 17 degrees of Pisces on April 2, 2019.  I know that many of you are asking didn’t we just have a Mercury Neptune conjunction on March 24, 2019?  Yes, we did, but Mercury was retrograde on that day and many people had a difficult, frustrating experience on that day.  On that day I tweeted:
I had my share of woes on March 24th when an astrology book that I ordered from Amazon couldn’t be delivered.  I’m not kidding; this is such supreme irony in the depiction of Mercury retrograde conjunct Neptune in Pisces.  It was delivered on the next day, but it turns out that they tried to deliver it to my mailbox on Sunday instead of dropping it outside my door.

Seriously, I am really not bashing the Mercury/Neptune conjunction aspect.  I have a natal out of sign Mercury/Neptune conjunction in Scorpio and Libra in my first house and I take enormous pride and gratitude in the amount of sensitivity and psychic perception that it gives me.  This aspect is great for meditation and the most positive manifestation of it when Mercury will be direct on April 2, 2019 is the expression of insights through compassionate, supportive and selfless words and thoughts.  The shadow side of this aspect can play out in thoughtless words which can be twisted by misconception, irrationality, confusion, fear and paranoia.  The bottom line is that we may still need to be on the lookout for deceit, treachery and lies but the fact that Mercury will be direct gives us a chance at a do-over and I am certainly on board with that.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 15 minutes or 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $25 or $35.  In the spirit of utilizing the energy of the January 5th solar eclipse in my 3rd house, I am starting to use FaceTime for my readings and have installed the Google Duo app on my phone for the benefit of my Android clients. So if you want to see me in addition to talking to me, I am giving you the option to do so. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:



This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 15 and 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.










No comments:

Post a Comment