name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mercury in Libra Squares off with Pluto and Saturn in Capricorn and the Sun Enters Libra

Follow Me

Friday, September 18, 2020

Mercury in Libra Squares off with Pluto and Saturn in Capricorn and the Sun Enters Libra

 


Believe it or not, the upcoming week is a fairly quiet astrological week. The major events are Mercury in Libra squares and the sun entering Libra for the Fall Equinox marking the official start of fall.

Mercury in Libra squared Jupiter in 17 degrees of Capricorn on September 17, 2020 (the day of the new moon in Virgo) and this was probably the easiest of the Mercury in Libra squares to the Capricorn planets. On that day I tweeted:

But we are not getting off quite so easy with the next square from Mercury in Libra to a Capricorn planet.  On September 21st, Mercury in Libra will be in an exact square to Pluto in 22 degrees of Capricorn.  This aspect can lead to compulsive thinking and a tendency to be obsessed with one idea to the point that we analyze every little detail.  It can be a mentally stressful time and we may experience difficulty implementing our ideas.  Mercury squaring Pluto can be accompanied by deep thinking and intense interactions with others which can lead to a crisis or darker experience.  We will be feeling combative and defensive, but we need to guard against arguing for the sake of arguing.  Obsession with negative thoughts may lead to paranoia and an inability to trust others.  It will be hard to separate truth from our fears due to our compulsive thinking.  And we may find ourselves engaging in power struggles with others because Pluto loves control.

The sun enters Libra on September 22, 2020 and fall is officially here.  The sun in Libra is a time to seek balance and fairness in relationships.  We are more inclined to meet others halfway to keep the peace. When the sun is in Libra, we are feeling very social and diplomatic.  We are also drawn to the arts and beauty, lest we forget that Libra is ruled by Venus.  So we may wind up spending more money when the sun is in Libra.  The shadow side of the sun in Libra is a tendency to be indecisive (as in “what do you think I should do?”), to be too nice in order to avoid conflict and not speaking up for ourselves.  If you are the least bit codependent, be mindful of the sun in Libra transit.

On the following day, September 23rd, Mercury in Libra squares off with Saturn in 25 degrees of Capricorn.  This aspect emphasizes hard mental work that will probably need to be done alone.  It is also accompanied by negative thinking and misunderstandings.  It is compounded by the fact that Mercury is entering its retrograde shadow on the 23rd, although Mercury retrograde doesn’t officially start until October 13th.  We really need to pay attention to details on this day.

Mercury squaring Saturn can also add an edgy vibe, creating a sense of distance in close relationships as people may be feeling sadder or depressed.  We may be too critical of others as well because this is Saturn we are dealing with and Saturn can be judgmental.  The bottom line is that making any kind of progress under the auspices of this aspect is going to be very challenging.  Just remember that this is temporary.

Anyone who has planets in 17-29 degrees of the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn will feel the effects of these Mercury squares.  It’s not just Libra and Capricorn who are taking the hit.  I have a cardinal T-square in my chart involving my Neptune and Juno in Libra, Chiron in Capricorn and midheaven, Jupiter and Uranus in Cancer so I am right in the line of fire.

If you are curious about how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/services-offered.html

I am also offering private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as FaceTime, Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology. 

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:

 

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/services-offered.html

 

A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity. I offer a 24 card tarot card reading for $50 which incorporates the twelve houses of the horoscope.

 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:

 

http://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_19.html

 

The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions until further notice in order to practice social distancing. When I return to my Brookline office I will be practicing Reiki with a mask, gloves, and medical exam sheets for your protection.  I will also have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available. In the meantime, a distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages. I do miss seeing my clients, so I am now offering Zoom consultations/intakes before the session so that we can see each other. I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is based on a sliding scale of $30 -$50. For your convenience, I accept Venmo for payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:

 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-distance-reiki-can-help-you-during-coronavirus-linda-simons

 

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:

 

www.reikiwithlindasimons.com

 

I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:

 

http://bostonvoyager.com/interview/meet-linda-simons-reiki-linda-simons-coolidge-corner-brookline/

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.

 

https://twitter.com/danceofphoenix

 

I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! I speak from personal experience and consider myself very fortunate to have survived Coronavirus. Stay safe and healthy, everyone! 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment