name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mercury Enters Libra, Venus Enters Leo and Mars Retrograde

Follow Me

Friday, September 4, 2020

Mercury Enters Libra, Venus Enters Leo and Mars Retrograde


 

 

We are coming out of an emotionally intense week that featured a full moon in Pisces on September 1st.  On that day I tweeted:

But in this coming week we are facing some pretty big astrological changes.  On September 5th, Mercury departs its home sign of Virgo and enters Libra until September 27th.  But don’t worry, we get another crack at Mercury in Libra because we have an upcoming Mercury retrograde that starts on October 13th in 11 degrees of Scorpio and returns to Libra on October 27th where it stays until November 10th. 

How are communications going to play out when Mercury is transiting Libra?  We will definitely be feeling more outgoing, friendly and diplomatic when Mercury is in Libra.  It may be easier to adopt a more rational approach to relationships as Libra is the sign that seeks balance and fairness.  Libra is heavily invested in relationships too.  But the shadow side of Mercury in Libra is a tendency to vacillate and experience difficulties in making decisions. Libra is the sign that will ask others “What do you think I should do?” We are also prone to accommodating others to the point of excessive people pleasing. 

On the following day, September 6th, Venus leaves Cancer and enters the fire sign of Leo.  Love and finances are about to get more playful, creative and fun loving.  There is more of an emphasis on romance and passion as we crave attention and admiration.  Pride is strong when Venus is in Leo and we tend to have a strong ego that is heavily invested in matters of the heart. There could be more drama in relationships than what we saw when Venus was in Cancer.  When Venus is transiting the sign of Leo, we are also feeling more generous towards those we love and we may wind up being overly extravagant by bestowing expensive gifts upon our loved ones.  In other words, our finances could take a hit if we’re not careful.

On September 9, 2020, we have a major astrological event that will profoundly affect our world for the next couple of months.  Mars stations retrograde in 28 degrees of Aries until November 13th, when it stations direct in 15 degrees of Aries.  This is a really big deal because Mars retrogrades approximately every two years and the last one occurred in the summer of 2018 in the signs of Aquarius and Capricorn.  Additionally, we haven’t had a Mars retrograde in Aries, its home sign, since 1988.

Mars retrograde in Aries will reduce our energy levels while our motivation and libido could take some severe hits.  We may find it more difficult to exercise and find ourselves becoming more impatient as we feel even more stuck and frustrated.  The issues of the pandemic will need to be addressed, as will how we deal with anger and confrontation.  Mars retrograde will force us to deal with the tensions in our lives that we can no longer ignore.

The cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn will feel this energy most intensely.  But Scorpios will also be impacted by this transit because Mars is a co-ruler of Scorpio; we can’t forget that before Pluto was discovered in 1930 Mars was considered to rule Scorpio as well as Aries. 

Retrograde Mars in Aries will be also be squaring Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn.  So Capricorn and Aries may very well bear the brunt of Mars retrograde because these two signs pertain to leadership and authority.  Mars in Aries squares Saturn in Capricorn on September 29th, which can lead to delays, impatience and massive amounts of frustration.  We experienced this aspect on August 24th, but it will be more intense when Mars is retrograde and we are quite literally being held back and unable to move forward.

Mars in Aries will be squaring Pluto in Capricorn on October 9th in 22 degrees of their respective signs and this aspect also occurred on August 13, 2020.  This aspect contains strong themes of power struggles and confrontations fueled by a strong desire to gain control of others or situations that are largely out of our control.  This is not a good time to start a fight.  We will also have this aspect on December 23, 2020 when both planets are direct.  Hopefully the third hit of this aspect will be easier to deal with.

Mars in Aries squares Jupiter in Capricorn on October 19, 2020.  We also experienced this aspect on August 4th, but it will have a very different flavor with Mars retrograde.  Normally Mars square Jupiter is experienced as a very exhilarating transit because it brings enthusiasm, courage and initiative to implement new projects with a shadow side of the potential for burnout if we go overboard. But with Mars retrograde, it can definitely put a damper on that spark to move forward. 

The bottom line with Mars retrograde is that we will be revisiting many of the actions taken during August as they come up for review.  It can be a time of drawing up new plans of action to be implemented at the end of 2020.

If you are curious about how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/services-offered.html

I am also offering private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as FaceTime, Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/services-offered.html

 

A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity. I offer a 24 card tarot card reading for $50 which incorporates the twelve houses of the horoscope.

 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:

 

http://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_19.html

 

The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions until further notice in order to practice social distancing. When I return to my Brookline office I will be practicing Reiki with a mask, gloves, and medical exam sheets for your protection.  I will also have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available. In the meantime, a distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages. I do miss seeing my clients, so I am now offering Zoom consultations/intakes before the session so that we can see each other. I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is based on a sliding scale of $30 -$50. For your convenience, I accept Venmo for payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:

 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-distance-reiki-can-help-you-during-coronavirus-linda-simons

 

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:

 

www.reikiwithlindasimons.com

 

I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:

 

http://bostonvoyager.com/interview/meet-linda-simons-reiki-linda-simons-coolidge-corner-brookline/

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.

 

https://twitter.com/danceofphoenix

 

I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! I speak from personal experience and consider myself very fortunate to have survived Coronavirus. Stay safe and healthy, everyone! 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment