name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars Direct and Grand Water Trine

Follow Me

Friday, May 23, 2014

Mars Direct and Grand Water Trine



Personally, this week has revolved around two major astrological aspects for me: Mars stationing direct in 9 degrees of Libra on May 19th and the Grand Water Trines involving initially the moon in Pisces, Jupiter in Cancer and Saturn in Scorpio on May 22nd and the upcoming grand trine on May 24th involving Chiron in Pisces, Jupiter in Cancer and Saturn in Scorpio.  If this sounds heavy and intense, believe me it was.

Mars has been retrograde in Libra since March 1st and in its journey from 28 degrees to 9 degrees it has traveled from my first house to my 12th house. Now we all know that Mars is definitely not comfortable in Libra and a retrograde Mars is not exactly a boon to accomplishing our goals. But having it in your 12th house is literally a double whammy. I am very impatient for Mars to enter my 1st house, but I will have to wait until June 26th for that to occur. But at least Mars is in motion, be it ever so slowly. Mars stationing direct did prompt me to tweet on the 19th that: "Mars going direct today may temporarily exacerbate feelings of frustrations and impatience but progress is imminent."  I really want to believe that, let me tell you! 

Mars has also been squaring my nodes, which has definitely amped up the frustration level.  Who likes to feel stuck?  I know that when planets transit the nodes change is necessary due to the challenges they present in the form of a square. But since patience is not my strong point with my natal Mars squaring both my Sun and Saturn, there is a big part of me wants to scream, "enough already!" The bottom line is that even though Mars is direct, I am fully aware that it will probably be a week or two before real movement is evident. My business is really slow, despite the fact that I have been making major investments in time and money to promote myself.  Granted, I could just be feeling the effects of transiting Saturn in Scorpio on my Sun forcing me to be responsible and do the work, but it does get tiring.

What will happen when we can actually feel Mars in action? Plenty! For starters, from mid to late June, Mars will be in the middle degrees of Libra activating the infamous Uranus Pluto square that none of us can escape. On a personal level, it will also cross my ascendant and activate my grand air trine to my moon and Mars. Will I finally experience relief and be inundated with new Reiki and astrology clients? It's certainly something to aspire to. I'll keep plugging away and have faith that I will reap the benefits of my efforts to communicate with the masses.

But when all else fails me, I do try to fall back on that grand water trine.  My chart is basically water and air, so water is my comfort zone.  My Sun, Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Pallas and Ceres are in Scorpio and my Jupiter, Uranus, Vesta and south node are in Cancer. The first one this week occurred on May 22, 2014 with the Pisces moon trining Jupiter in Cancer and Saturn in Scorpio.  It inspired me on that day to tweet that “Pisces moon trining Jupiter in Cancer today brings big dreams, enthusiasm and ability to see the big picture.  But don’t expect it all at once.”

On May 24, 2014, we will experience the Grand Water Trine with Chiron in Pisces, Saturn in Scorpio and Jupiter in Cancer.  I like to call it the Power of Three.  Saturn is still retrograde until July 20th, when it finally stations direct at 16 degrees of Scorpio.  Chiron in Pisces represents healing and magic, Jupiter in Cancer hope, luck and money and Saturn in Scorpio represents work, power and money.  It is somewhat reminiscent of that fabled Grand Water Trine involving Jupiter in Cancer, Saturn in Scorpio and Neptune in Pisces in 4 degrees of those respective signs back on July 17, 2013.  That was an incredibly peaceful, spiritual day for me last summer that I thoroughly enjoyed.  This time around, Chiron in Pisces is substituting for Neptune, and I truly believe that Chiron will be extremely beneficial in helping us to heal those emotional wounds, even if we do need to experience some pain in facing them.  Saturn and Jupiter are not exactly on the same wavelength and tend to make strange bedfellows, but it helps that they are trining each other by leveling the playing field.  Saturn in Scorpio trining Jupiter in Cancer will give us access to realism and optimism and Saturn’s trine to Chiron will assist in weeding out emotional patterns that interfere with our ambitions and prevent us from moving on.

I am also eagerly anticipating Jupiter’s entry into my 10th house on May 29, 2014.  Jupiter hasn’t been in my 10th house since early December, so this is a big event for me as I approach my Jupiter Return in mid-July 2014.  I had some good financial news back then and I hope for a reoccurrence, albeit in a somewhat different form.

I have added a Testimonials page to this site, so please check it out at:


I also encourage you to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:


Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment