name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Venus Enters Pisces for a Wave of Empathy and Full Moon in Leo

Follow Me

Friday, January 30, 2015

Venus Enters Pisces for a Wave of Empathy and Full Moon in Leo




It's all about the heart, folks. Venus entered the sign of Pisces, the sign of compassion, on January 27th, where it will reside until it enters the sign of Aries on February 20th. So we should be able to have a very loving Valentine's Day! And we have a full moon in 14 degrees of Leo, which rules the heart, on February 3rd.

On January 27th I tweeted:

"Venus enters Pisces today, the sign of its exaltation. Expect a lot more empathy in relationships but don't be too gullible."

Venus is reputed to be exalted in Pisces because it is more understanding, compassionate, capable of unconditional love and forgiving. It also fosters creativity, inspiration and allows us to get carried away with imagination. Venus in Pisces is a time of increased sensitivity to others and enhanced artistic sensibility. But the flip side of Venus in Pisces is that our idealism can be stronger than realism, our boundaries can get blurred, evasiveness can be prevalent, we need to be careful with decisions about finances (especially during a Mercury retrograde), and we can find it all too easy to assume the mantle of the Pisces stereotypical victim.

As a fellow water sign of Scorpio, I love having Venus in Pisces. It is kinder, softer and less intense than my own natal Venus in Scorpio. But then Venus in Scorpio is considered to be in detriment and Venus in Pisces is exalted. Viva la difference! And the fact that Pisces is the mutable water sign makes it so much easier to go with the flow.

But there are some bumps along the way while Venus is in Pisces. On January 30th Venus squares Saturn in Sagittarius, so we may face a harsh reality check in the form of challenges to our way of approaching relationships and financial concerns. On February 1st, Venus conjuncts Neptune in Pisces. Reality may conflict big-time with our ideals. We desire peace yet must engage in some kind of change in order to achieve it. We may need to release some of our frustration if we are not receiving the unconditional love we desire. And a week later, on February 8th, Venus conjuncts Chiron in Pisces. This aspect can force us to confront our deepest wounds and feelings of victimhood. We need to guard against throwing a pity party on that day. Personally, I am a little concerned about that one because it squares my natal moon. But I am finally coming to the end of a long transit of Chiron squaring my moon, so I think that I will see light at the end of the tunnel.

Interestingly enough, my progressed moon entered the sign of Virgo on January 26th, the day before Venus entered Pisces. So transiting Venus in Pisces has been opposing my progressed moon this past week. How has this been playing out for me? I have felt more emotionally sensitive and I hope it will enhance my healing abilities, especially with my progressed moon in Virgo. The progressed moon stays in a sign for 2 1/2 years, so I will need to focus on health and be even more detail-oriented than I normally am. And being of service to others is also a big part of the progressed moon in Virgo.

The full moon happens on February 3rd in 14 degrees of Leo at 6:09 p.m.  It opposes retrograde Mercury in Aquarius, so there could be a lot of incessant talking and preoccupation with the past that can obscure objectivity. The theme of this full moon is freedom of self-expression (Moon in Leo) as a path of service to benefit others (Sun in Aquarius). Uranus in Aries is also a key player in this full moon because it trines the moon and Jupiter in Leo. Uranus represents what is original and meaningful for us and its trine to both the full moon and Jupiter in Leo is an ideal time to promote yourself and your ideas in a new way.

Personally, this full moon squares my Saturn in Scorpio, so I will probably need to guard against feelings of depression and being too critical. And it also opposes my Mars in Aquarius which is conjunct retrograde Mercury, so I might be roaring like the proverbial Leo lion if anyone crosses me. Communications should be interesting, to say the least, for me on this full moon.

If you are feeling confused during these challenging times, please consider getting an astrological reading to obtain more insight and assistance. I have also added a one question astrology reading to my list of services for $40 that is an even more intuitive approach based on your natal and progressed charts with transits to both.

Check out my services page on this site at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:










No comments:

Post a Comment