name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars Comes Home to Scorpio and Stirs Our Passions

Follow Me

Friday, December 8, 2017

Mars Comes Home to Scorpio and Stirs Our Passions


Life is about to get a lot more interesting and passionate as Mars prepares to leave the sign of Libra, where it is distinctly uncomfortable, and enter its home signs of Scorpio.  Mars is right at home in Aries and Scorpio, the two signs that it rules. But before Mars leaves Libra on December 9, 2017, it managed to knock a home run out of the park when Mars in 28 degrees of Libra sextiled both Mercury and Saturn in Sagittarius, inspiring me to tweet:
Mars represents our desire nature and when it is in the sign of Scorpio (until January 26, 2018) our desires can be channeled through that renowned Scorpio willpower and focused intention. Mars is very strong in the sign of Scorpio but it also has a tendency to move in secret and in the shadows.  Mars in Scorpio will help us develop a laser sharp focus with our intentions. Not only are our desires stronger when Mars is in Scorpio, our determination to get what we want is even stronger.

Sexuality will be heightened and for those of us with a heavy emphasis on Scorpio or the 8th house in our charts (mea culpa), we may find ourselves becoming downright obsessive in our relationships.  Feelings of aggression, anger and fear of losing control that remained dormant during the transit of Mars in Libra may surface.  We may also find ourselves attracted to crisis, as it is emotionally exciting and can be ultimately transformative, Scorpio is all about transformation and it is an extremist sign, finding it difficult to maintain a middle ground.  Scorpio is an all or nothing sign, no doubt about it.

But Mars in Scorpio does give us the courage to confront our inner and outer demons.  The downside of Mars in Scorpio is that it has an excellent memory and forgiveness does not come easily with this astrological influence.  Mars in Scorpio does not suffer fools gladly.
Obviously, Mars in Scorpio is going to be hitting my chart pretty heavily, with my Mercury, Saturn, Sun, Ceres, Black Moon Lilith and Venus in Scorpio.  I will probably be a force to be reckoned with on December 9th when its conjuncts my Mercury, but my main concern is how I will fare when it conjuncts my Saturn from December 28, 2017 through the end of 2017.  I am well aware of the potential pitfalls of this transit. It could ignite my darkest desires or provide me with the stamina and patience to complete difficult tasks.  It is common knowledge that feelings of anger or resentment could be roaring out of the starting gate with this transit, but I hope that I will have the presence of mind to channel and transmute these feelings productively into positive achievements instead of getting mired in the destructive Scorpionic cycle of revenge.

But Mars in Scorpio will be making a marvelously beneficial conjunction to Jupiter in 17 degrees of Scorpio on January 6, 2018. Mars will get a real lift from hooking up with Jupiter in Scorpio and Jupiter will have more depth with the winning combination of desires (Mars) and faith (Jupiter).  I am sure everyone has noticed how many sexual secrets have been coming out since Jupiter entered the highly charged sex sign of Scorpio.  Mars joining Jupiter will amplify the emphasis on private matters that were unethical, abusive, illegal and unacceptable.

Mars conjunct Jupiter in Scorpio will be an opportune time to start anything that requires initiative, energy and courage.  Physical energy is augmented as is self-confidence. There is also strong potential for new relationships to occur because many will feel the need to literally get physical. This aspect is two degrees away from my sun and I am looking forward to this conjunction.

I would be remiss if I didn’t warn you about one thorny aspect that occurs on December 10, 2017.  Venus in 11 degrees of Sagittarius forms a challenging square with Neptune in 11 degrees of Pisces.  This can be pretty tough on love and finances because Neptune is notorious for bringing an unrealistic perspective.  But it does have an upside because it fuels imagination and bouts of heightened creativity.

If you are curious as to how Mars in Scorpio, Mercury retrograde and the season of Sagittarius will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.
My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. Especially with 2017 being a Universal Year 1, this is a marvelous time to navigate a new direction in your life that will fulfill you and your soul’s purpose. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3rd edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


With the holiday season in full swing, you might want to consider purchasing a package deal as a special gift for your loved ones. I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights










No comments:

Post a Comment