name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: New Moon in Sagittarius and Saturn Comes Home

Follow Me

Friday, December 15, 2017

New Moon in Sagittarius and Saturn Comes Home



The year 2017 is winding down and it is going out with a bang, not a whimper.  On December 9, 2017, Mars entered its home sign of Scorpio, inspiring me to tweet:

But on December 18, 2017, we have a truly stellar lineup in Sagittarius with a new moon in 26 degrees of Sagittarius.  Not only are the sun and moon are in Sagittarius, but Saturn, Venus and retrograde Mercury are all in Sagittarius.  That is five planets in Sagittarius and we also have Uranus in 24 degrees of Aries, another fire sign, trining that new moon. That trine to Uranus in Aries will provide support for making electrifying changes in our lives. With six planets in fire signs, that is a lot of energy adding to the passion, motivation and heightened energy that Mars in Scorpio is already providing.

Sagittarius is a sign associated with optimism, faith, hope and inspiration while a new moon is the optimal time to set new intentions and plant new seeds.  Sagittarius is a very future oriented sign and with Saturn there in its final days it is actually helping to ground us and manifest those new ideas that are buzzing around.  This new moon in Sagittarius should be fairly crackling with inspiration.

Since this is the last new moon of 2017, it is prime time to review what changes we want to make for the next year.  Saturn conjunct the new moon supports change without upsetting the existing structures in our lives, which is a real bonus.  It also reinforces the theme of the Saturn in Sagittarius/Uranus in Aries trine that has been a prominent aspect of 2017.  It’s kind of like your last call to implement those changes. It is an ideal time to act more responsibly and pursue the recognition and achieve the goals that you have been aspiring to. This new moon also forms a conjunction to Venus in Sagittarius, which favors making commitments in relationships.

We have one another important aspect featured in this Sagittarius new moon.  Chiron in 24 degrees of Pisces is squaring the sun, moon and Saturn in Sagittarius.  Yes, I know that Chiron is known as the Wounded Healer, which sounds like a downer with all of the upbeat Sagittarius energy.  But the perk of this aspect is that it can deliver more awareness of those wounds and it can inspire us to make the changes necessary to build a better world.

On December 19, 2017 Saturn will depart the sign of Sagittarius and enter its home sign of Capricorn, where it is truly comfortable.  Mark my words, Saturn in Capricorn through most of 2020 will provide a reality check.  Saturn in Capricorn is all about integrity, sincerity and authenticity.  It seeks quality over quantity and seeks perfection.

With Saturn in Capricorn, the reality check will play out in the areas of finance, world economy and government.  Our leaders will be called to task when Saturn is in Capricorn.  Saturn in Capricorn has a conservative note and it can be a time of tightening resources.  There may be some issues with control from our leaders, but there will still be resistance if that control gets too overbearing.

Saturn in Capricorn wants to restructure.  For many people, that may involve new career choices.  People will definitely be putting in efforts to rebuild, create and restore order. Saturn is the planet associated with aging and is also linked to the skin, teeth and bones.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some anti-aging innovations discovered during the transit of Saturn in Capricorn.  As a baby boomer who has “’age-related cataracts” and is facing cataract surgery in January 2018, I am more than open to some anti-aging innovations.

Saturn has a long run in the sign of Capricorn.  It briefly leaves Capricorn and enters Aquarius on March 21, 2020, but due to its retrograde motion, it will re-enter Capricorn on July 1, 2020 until December 17, 2020. 

The year 2020 will be a pivotal year, not only because it is the next United States Presidential election.  Saturn in Capricorn will finally align with Pluto in Capricorn in 2020.  This will literally be the Pluto return of the United States.  The last time Pluto was in Capricorn was during the American Revolution because Pluto has a 243 year cycle. When Saturn and Pluto align, there will be major cultural, historical and social changes.  Pluto has been in Capricorn since 2008 and will continue to wreak destruction in banking and governments until 2024.  But Pluto also promises rebirth and with the help of Saturn these decaying structures can be rebuilt.

As for me personally, transiting Saturn in Capricorn will conjunct my north node in my third house in March 2018 and it will still be on my north node when it stations retrograde in 9 degrees of Capricorn on April 17, 2018. So I have no doubt that 2018 will be a year of serious changes for me as I continue the journey of my soul’s path.
If you are curious as to how Mars in Scorpio, Mercury retrograde and Saturn in Capricorn will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.
My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. Especially with 2017 being a Universal Year 1, this is a marvelous time to navigate a new direction in your life that will fulfill you and your soul’s purpose. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3rd edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


With the holiday season in full swing, you might want to consider purchasing a package deal as a special gift for your loved ones. I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights



No comments:

Post a Comment