name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Super Full Moon in Cancer and Uranus Stationing Direct Starts 2018 with a Bang

Follow Me

Friday, December 29, 2017

Super Full Moon in Cancer and Uranus Stationing Direct Starts 2018 with a Bang


The year 2018 starts off on a highly charged emotional note with a super full moon in 11 degrees of Cancer on January 1, 2018.  This is the first of two full moons in January, the second one (aka a blue moon) ushering in the first eclipse of 2018 in the form of a lunar eclipse in 11 degrees of Leo.

The full moon on January 1, 2018 is a big deal for a multitude of reasons.  First of all, the moon will be in its home sign of Cancer, so expect it to be highly emotional.  It’s also a super full moon because it is so close to the earth and will be strikingly visible.  Super full moons have a much stronger pull on our psyche and a full moon in Cancer is incredibly emotional.  This full moon is also involved in a grand water trine with Neptune in 11 degrees of Pisces and Mars in 14 degrees of Scorpio.  It will be a profoundly sensitive, psychic and creative time.  And with Jupiter in Scorpio, I wouldn’t be surprised if more deep secrets regarding sex and abuses of power are revealed.

We also have the sun, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn adding to the heady mix of this full moon.  Naturally the sun would be in Capricorn during a Cancer full moon, but having two heavy hitters like Saturn and Pluto (who are headed for their own rendezvous courtesy of a conjunction in 22 degrees of Capricorn on January 2020) increases the emphasis on emotional and practical security.  Issues of social control are bound to come up and we may be hearing more news about resistance to governmental control.  The north node in 15 degrees of Leo will also be conjunct Ceres in 17 degrees of Leo during this full moon, triggering a sense of courage and bravery to protect the earth at this time.  And with the extremes of weather we have been facing recently, this can’t come soon enough.

Full moons can also be a time of closure and endings.  On a personal level, it is conjunct my south node in Cancer in my 9th house.  I guess it will definitely be time for me to release some old karmic baggage and emotional dependency issues.  This is a pretty loaded transit. But releasing outworn behavior patterns is a good thing and a fine way to ring in the new year of 2018. 

On January 2, 2018, Uranus in 24 degrees of Aries will station direct after being retrograde since August 3, 2017.  Uranus stationed retrograde in 28 degrees of Aries in August just prior to the August eclipse season.  All of that internal rebellion that has been simmering since then is ready to explode so that the rebellion can be more externalized.  The inner rebel is about to go very public and gets a gigantic cosmic boost with all of the planets being direct.

Mars in Scorpio will also be squaring the nodes of the moon in 15 degrees of Leo and Aquarius on January 2, 2018, which could definitely trigger some issues from that first lunar eclipse in 15 degrees of Aquarius on August 7, 2017. Hopefully it can manifest in some cooperative work efforts to start off 2018 in a more constructive fashion.

 If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including eclipses, Saturn in Capricorn and Jupiter in Scorpio will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.
For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3rd edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


With the holiday season in full swing, you might want to consider purchasing an astrological or tarot reading as a special gift for your loved ones. I am also offering four options for package deals: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights


Happy New Year to everyone and may the recent trine of Mars in Scorpio to Neptune in Pisces be the ticket for you to make your dreams come true in 2018.
And don’t forget that for most of 2018 we will be under the benevolent influence of Jupiter in Scorpio trining Neptune in Pisces!








No comments:

Post a Comment