name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Double Whammy with Mercury Retrograde and a Super Full Moon in Gemini

Follow Me

Friday, December 1, 2017

Double Whammy with Mercury Retrograde and a Super Full Moon in Gemini



December 3, 2017 will be one astrologically intense day, mark my words.  We will literally be undergoing a double whammy with Mercury stationing retrograde in 29 degrees of Sagittarius at 2:34 a.m. and a full moon in 11 degrees of Gemini opposing the sun at 10:47 a.m.  Full moons are always a time of heightened emotions, but this is technically a super full moon because the moon is very close to the earth.  It will have a strong effect, some of us may face closure and there could be even more scandalous revelations.

Gemini is one of the signs ruled by Mercury (Virgo is the other sign) and Gemini is all about communication and logic.  And Mercury stationing retrograde on the same day of a full moon is extremely problematic and complicated.  This full moon will be forming a T-square to Neptune in 11 degrees of Pisces because both the sun in Sagittarius and moon in Gemini square it, which can have a tendency to dissolve that Gemini logic.  It can, however, be a highly creative and spiritual time.

Another important aspect that occurs on this full moon is that Mercury stationing retrograde will be conjunct Saturn in Sagittarius.  This aspect also occurred on November 28th, inspiring me to tweet:

And this aspect occurs again on December 6, 2017.  This is a big deal because Mercury stationed retrograde in 29 degrees, which is considered the critical degree... What happens when Mercury conjuncts Saturn?  Serious news comes out and with a full moon in Gemini, this could play out as some rather revealing emails being exposed.  But the plus side of Mercury in Sagittarius is that it does seek out higher consciousness and the meaning of wisdom. 

Here is a litany of the themes that could manifest with this full moon due to its T-square to Neptune in Pisces: deception, scandals, thefts, difficult to diagnose illnesses and experiences that seem to defy reality.  The sun in Sagittarius squaring Neptune in Pisces increases the risk of confusion, deception and disappointment.  Depression is also possible, as is the tendency to engage in substance abuse.  The moon in Gemini squaring Neptune in Pisces cautions us to beware of making important decisions and not be taken in by con artists.  The bottom line is to not fall in the trap of being gullible during this full moon.

Now that I have everyone alarmed regarding this full moon, I also want to alert you to the saving grace of this full moon which is quite literally a silver lining.  There is an amazingly wonderful Jupiter in Scorpio/Neptune in Scorpio trine that is exact on the full moon and pretty much in effect through August 2018.  Jupiter in Scorpio will expand the divine spirituality of Neptune in Pisces. This lovely, flowing aspect will allow us to shift our consciousness and create a new reality.  It is marvelous healing energy and a perfect time for experiencing new healing modalities, especially energy healing.

I don’t want to minimize the potential for this particular Mercury retrograde to wreak havoc.  Mercury in Sagittarius is not especially detail oriented, so it is highly likely that there will be many communication and transportation snafus during this holiday season.  Mercury will station direct on December 22, 2017 in 13 degrees of Sagittarius, but I wouldn’t want to be traveling during the holidays.  Mercury retrograde before the holidays increases the potential for gifts ordered online not reaching their destination before Christmas.  Remember the key words associated with Mercury retrograde: research, review and revise.  Try not to sign any contracts, accept a new job or launch any new endeavors if you can help it. Consider where this Mercury retrograde is happening in your chart.  It starts in my 3rd house and it stations direct in my 2nd house in 13 degrees of Sagittarius.  First I get the full communication issues experience during Mercury retrograde (talk about another double whammy) and then financial ones.

As for the full moon in 11 degrees of Gemini, it falls in my 8th house and conjuncts my natal moon.  The theme of finances continues for me.  I’m sure I will be in highly emotional state that day but at least it will be beneficial for my Reiki work!

We have another bit of astrological good tidings coming up.  On December 5, 2017, Chiron stations direct in 24 degrees of Pisces.  Chiron has been retrograde since July 1, 2017.  Chiron is frequently referred to as the Wounded Healer and I suspect that many of us have spent the last five months getting deeper in touch with our wounds.  Now that Chiron is moving in a direct motion (it will be actually be entering the sign of Aries briefly in April 2018) we are in a better place to accept our wounds and learn from them so that they can truly teach us as we move forward and heal.

If you are curious as to how Mercury retrograde and the season of Sagittarius will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone
.
My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. Especially with 2017 being a Universal Year 1, this is a marvelous time to navigate a new direction in your life that will fulfill you and your soul’s purpose. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3rd edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


As the holiday season approaches, you might want to consider purchasing a package deal as a special gift for your loved ones. I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights














No comments:

Post a Comment