name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars Retrograde and a Full Moon in Capricorn

Follow Me

Friday, June 22, 2018

Mars Retrograde and a Full Moon in Capricorn



Life is about to get even more interesting in the last days of June as Mars stations retrograde in 9 degrees of Aquarius on June 26, 2018 through August 27, 2018.  This is the first time since the summer of 1971 that Mars has been retrograde in Aquarius.  Mars is retrograde every two years, but it has a very different effect dependent upon the sign it is in.  With Mars retrograde in Aquarius, objectivity will be highlighted and it can be a reboot time for the soul.

Mars retrograde can be an awkward time because the inherent nature of Mars is to want action and to move forward.  This is not an option with Mars retrograde because we can’t push forward due to the fact that there will undoubtedly be obstacles in our way.  Frustration and irritability are part of the package deal with Mars retrograde.  Mars retrograde can be a frustrating transit and if you would like to get an edge for planning on how to deal with it, I urge you to take advantage of my Mars Retrograde Special reading, which is available for purchase on my site at:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/mars-retrograde-special.html

It really helps to know where you can expect to encounter roadblocks so that you can prepare for them.  And it goes without saying that when a planet is retrograde, the energy of that planet is turned inward.  So it is not a good time to launch any new endeavors while Mars is retrograde, but it is an opportunity to reevaluate any plans for your future.  Remember that “re” in the word retrograde!

Mars is also involved in an ongoing challenging square with Uranus in Taurus until October 1, 2018.  When Mars stations direct on August 27, 2018 it will be in 28 degrees of Capricorn.  Mars square Uranus is very volatile energy that is accompanied by a strong urge to break free from restrictions and rebel against authority.  It also holds the potential for acting rashly without factoring in the consequences, which can lead to massive disruption.  Perhaps the best way to deal with this energy is to turn inwards and tap into whatever intuitive or creative insights that burst forth.  Mars in Aquarius squaring Uranus in Taurus can also have a profound effect on friendships and group associations by breaking them up if we are not mindful because it can make us overly critical and irritable.

Mars retrograde is also aspecting the nodes of the moon.  It will be conjunct the south node of the moon in Aquarius, forcing us to release the behavior patterns that no longer serve our best interests while it simultaneously opposes the north node in Leo.  This aspect helps provide us with the courage to stretch out of our comfort zone and strive to achieve our soul’s highest purpose.

Mars in Aquarius is also joining a host of other planets that are currently retrograde: Jupiter in Scorpio, Saturn in Capricorn, Pluto in Capricorn and most recently Neptune in Pisces. Neptune stationed retrograde in 16 degrees of Pisces on June 18, 2018, inspiring me to tweet:
On June 28, 2018, we have a full moon in 6 degrees of Capricorn.  A full moon in Capricorn pertains to issues of work and life balance because the moon in Capricorn represents practical security while the sun in Cancer represents emotional security. Saturn in 5 degrees of Capricorn is also conjunct that full moon, which can feel somewhat restrictive and involve issues of power and responsibility. Don’t feel like you have to give your power away during this full moon; try to find a way to feel more empowered and responsible because the sun in Cancer is also opposing Saturn in Capricorn.  And we all know that Saturn loves to reinforce the theme of responsibility.

This full moon will have a very action-oriented vibe to it because there are so many planets in cardinal signs, and cardinal signs love to initiate.  They are by no means idle bystanders.  There is always a degree of tension present during a full moon but cardinal signs have a way of generating even more tension. The sun and Mercury are in Cancer, the moon, Saturn and Pluto are in Capricorn, and Chiron is in Aries. 

On a more positive note, the full moon in Capricorn will also form supportive sextiles to Jupiter in Scorpio and Neptune in Pisces.  If we have been diligent and responsible in our lives, we may reap some rewards courtesy of Jupiter in Scorpio.  And we may be on the receiving end of some truly inspired ideas from Neptune in Pisces.  This full moon is a reminder to literally keep the faith.

On a personal level, this full moon is conjunct my north node in Capricorn in the 3rd house while opposing my south node in Cancer in the 9th house.  So the sun will be conjunct my south node, which can definitely be a time of releasing some karmic baggage.  It should be an interesting time, to say the least.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including eclipses, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn retrograde, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.
My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.







No comments:

Post a Comment