name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mercury Enters Leo and Chiron Retrograde

Follow Me

Friday, June 29, 2018

Mercury Enters Leo and Chiron Retrograde



Mercury is entering Leo on June 29, 2018 for an extended stay until September 5, 2018 due to the upcoming Mercury retrograde that officially starts on July 26, 2018 in 23 degrees of Leo and ends on August 19, 2018 in 11 degrees of Leo.  I will cover the upcoming Mercury retrograde in a later post, but for those who ascribe to the shadow theory of retrogrades (and I am obviously one), Mercury enters it retrograde shadow on July 7, 2018 in 11 degrees of Leo and leaves the shadow on September 2, 2018 in 23 degrees of Leo.

What can we expect when Mercury is in Leo?  Mercury in Leo makes our thinking more confident and bold as we like to express ourselves on a grand scale with a lot of drama.  We will be more convincing and persuasive as we become more focused on our goals.  Self-promotion and a concentrated focus on goals are major themes when Mercury is transiting the sign of Leo.   It is also a boon for any kind of creative work.  The down side of Mercury in Leo, however, is that we may not be the greatest listeners, as we are more inclined to be self-focused.

On June 30, 2018, Mercury in 1 degree of Leo is featured in two very important aspects.  It forms a very challenging square with Uranus in 2 degrees of Taurus.  This energy can deliver some unexpected news that requires a change in fixed thinking.  Don’t forget that both of these planets are in fixed signs and this can definitely be a contributing factor to some minor anxiety and stress.  But Mercury in Leo is also forming a flowing, beneficial trine with Chiron in 2 degrees of Aries.  This aspect can bless us with the opportunity for healing if we open our minds to creative options and have the courage to move past our stuck points.

The bottom line is that we are literally in a summer season where Mercury in Leo calls the shots and communication becomes more outgoing, extroverted and dramatic.  Leo is a summer sign and it will certainly get its share of the limelight until September 5, 2018.  Prepare to shine and have the renowned Leo lion’s courage to express your thoughts and feelings.

Chiron in Aries is slowing down for its annual retrograde season too.  It will station retrograde on July 5, 2018 in 2 degrees of Aries and will remain retrograde until December 9, 2018 when it stations direct in 28 degrees of Pisces.  Chiron will re-enter Aries on February 19, 2019 where it will stay until 2027.

Chiron retrograde rules healing and synchronicities because it gives us the opportunity to embrace spiritual healing of old wounds.  It is no accident that Chiron’s symbol is a key; it unlocks the doors of our psyche.  Chiron retrograde is prime time to identify our blockages and reframe our beliefs.  I think that this year’s transit of Chiron retrograde is especially potent and poignant because it encompasses the two signs of Aries and Pisces.  Chiron re-enters Pisces on September 25, 2018.

The healing theme when Chiron is in Aries pertains to the wounding and challenges we experience around our identity and the right to be ourselves. When Chiron re-enters Pisces, we return to any unfinished business we have in terms of healing our wounds of being disconnected and feeling like a victim.  This is literally a do-over transit.  When Chiron stationed retrograde on July 1, 2017 it was in 29 degrees of Pisces; it gets back to that spot on January 25, 2019.  Think back to any issues you were dealing with last year in terms of healing and don’t be surprised if some of these issues return.  For me personally, last year’s Chiron retrograde trined my Jupiter and Uranus in Cancer in my 10th house and it will be the same this year.

I have a theory that outer planets’ retrograde transits are teaching and learning experiences, no matter how exasperating and painful they may be while they are occurring.  I believe that sometimes it takes the third hit of a retrograde planet to our natal planet to deliver the full lesson and bring us some closure because it may take us awhile to fully grasp the meaning of that transit. In the case of Chiron, this can bring enormous healing in terms of feeling disconnected, alienated and victimized when it returns to Pisces.  By the time Chiron re-enters Aries in February 2019 hopefully all of us will be able to more fully address our wounds around our identity.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including eclipses, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn retrograde, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone. 
My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


I am also offering my Mars Retrograde Special reading which is another tool for dealing with the frustrations of the Mars retrograde transit, which began on June 26, 2018. On that day I tweeted:
Here is the link for my Mars Retrograde Special:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/mars-retrograde-special.html

A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Happy 4th of July to everyone in the United States! I thought you might find it interesting to note that the moon enters the fire sign of Aries at 9:50 p.m. in time for the fireworks in some areas!

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.






No comments:

Post a Comment