name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Jupiter Stations Direct and Eclipse Season Kicks off with a Solar Eclipse in Cancer

Follow Me

Friday, July 6, 2018

Jupiter Stations Direct and Eclipse Season Kicks off with a Solar Eclipse in Cancer



Save the dates of July 10th and July 12th because they represent major changes coming down the pike.  On July 10, 2018, Jupiter will station direct in 13 degrees of Scorpio after having been retrograde since March 8, 2018.  It stationed retrograde back then in 23 degrees of Scorpio.  For me personally, it stationed retrograde one degree away from my Venus and it will station direct one degree away from my Saturn, traveling from my second house to my first house.  In mid-September it will be conjunct my Scorpio sun in the second house, which it hasn’t done since mid-January 2018.  Jupiter/Sun aspects are quite pleasant, if you didn’t already know.  We had a spectacular Sun/Jupiter trine on July 5th, which inspired me to tweet:
Jupiter retrograde is not nearly as traumatic as Mercury retrograde (which we will be dealing with at the end of July), but when it is direct, we can all experience more hope, faith, vision, abundance, success and recognition.  I don’t think that anyone will have objections to the amplification of those features in our lives.  So it is a very good thing to be happening this summer with all of the other retrograde planets.

July 12, 2018 kicks off Eclipse Season Part 2 of 2018.  We experienced the first two eclipses on January 31, 2018 with a lunar eclipse in 11 degrees of Leo and a solar eclipse on February 15th in 27 degrees of Aquarius.  What makes the second set of eclipses in 2018 so unusual is that we have three instead of two eclipses.  The first eclipse is a partial solar eclipse on July 12, 2018 in 20 degrees of Cancer, the second is a lunar eclipse on July 27, 2018 in 4 degrees of Aquarius and the third is another partial solar eclipse in 18 degrees of Leo on August 11, 2018.

Eclipses bring major change and there is no disputing the fact that the next three months will bring some chaotic outer events as well as intense personal changes for most of us.

The solar eclipse on July 12, 2018 in 20 degrees of Cancer is also a super moon eclipse because the moon is very close to the earth and this will heighten our emotions.  It also occurs at the north node of the moon, so it really is about our collective destiny. A solar eclipse in the sign of Cancer indicates that there will be a strong theme of family to this eclipse and we may find ourselves redefining what family means to us.  For many people, it may mean broadening our definition beyond the traditional biological family.

What is the astrological landscape like on July 12, 2018?  Both the sun and moon are opposing Pluto in Capricorn, which can create some issues regarding vulnerability around children vs. the power of the state.  It helps us to understand why the immigrant issue is not going away anytime soon.  With a solar eclipse in opposition to Pluto, there can also be themes of victimhood and powerlessness.  One of the best ways to utilize this energy is to set an intention not to give our power away.  Another strong theme with this eclipse is one of work and home balance. The opposition to Pluto in Capricorn indicates that we may need to make some adjustments to ensure that we balance our emotional and practical security.

Retrograde Mars in Aquarius is also a major player in this solar eclipse.  We are still under the influence of Mars in Aquarius squaring Uranus in Taurus and this will continue through the end of September 2018.  Anyone who has planets in the early degrees of the fixed signs (Aquarius, Taurus, Leo and Scorpio) is bound to feel somewhat frustrated and irritable.  Aggression is a strong theme with this influence and we may also find ourselves redefining our friendships during this time.  Mars in Aquarius is also conjunct the south node, as well as the south node of the United States chart, so the old patriarchy is definitely being challenged.

This solar eclipse also features two grand trines.  There is a grand water trine involving the sun and moon in Cancer, Neptune in Pisces and Jupiter in Scorpio.  This can be a beneficial influence for peace and inspiration for divine guidance.  Hopefully we can all tap into our creative energies and achieve a sense of inner peace. Grand water trines are nothing to sneeze at, even though they have a tendency to make us feel more emotional.  We experienced one on July 3, 2018:
I think that the grand earth trine involving Saturn in Capricorn, Uranus in Taurus and Venus in Virgo will be the saving grace of this solar eclipse.  It should help us feel more connected to the earth and provide a calming influence.  Venus in Virgo (it enters Virgo on July 9th) trining Saturn in Capricorn will promote commitment and stability in relationships and long-term investments.  Venus in Virgo trining Uranus in Taurus will give us the urge to try something new, and Saturn in Capricorn trining Uranus in Taurus denotes a transition phase which will make it easier for us to find new ways of doing things without rocking the boat.  And that is a win-win situation in anyone’s book.  Change is inevitable, so why not embrace it as best you can?

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including eclipses, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn retrograde, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone. 

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also offering my Mars Retrograde Special reading which is another tool for dealing with the frustrations of the Mars retrograde transit, which began on June 26, 2018. 

Here is the link for my Mars Retrograde Special:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/mars-retrograde-special.html

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:

As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.









No comments:

Post a Comment