name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius with Retrograde Mars square Uranus and Mercury Retrograde to Boot

Follow Me

Friday, July 27, 2018

A Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius with Retrograde Mars square Uranus and Mercury Retrograde to Boot




Are you still standing?  This past week we have seen the Leo sun square Uranus in Taurus on July 25, 2018, prompting me to tweet:

On July 25th, I also spent time at the Massachusetts State House at a rally to voice my opposition to SB 2621, a piece of legislation designed to set up a new licensing process for all types of healers which would require us to go back to school to attend certain board-approved education programs to quality for the new state license.  It would put many of us practitioners out of business.  It did not escape me that two years ago during the last Mars retrograde, a similar bill SB 2461 was also rushed through the legislature during the summer months and it was defeated.  Here is a group photo of some of us who attended:


And it inspired me to share this tweet that day:
On the following day, July 26, 2018, Mercury stationed retrograde in 23 degrees of Leo, inspiring me to tweet:
But on July 27, 2018 at 4:20 p.m. on the east coast of the United States, we will have the longest lunar eclipse of this century, lasting one hour and forty three minutes, in 4 degrees of Aquarius.  It is called a blood moon eclipse because it is a total lunar eclipse with the full moon passing through the Earth’s shadow and turning a deep red color. 

I always tell my clients that lunar eclipses are like full moon on steroids, so there is no denying how powerful this eclipse will be.  Lunar eclipses have a tendency to bring culmination, closure and reveal secrets and turn up people from the past.  And old behaviors could emerge for purging as well. The fact that this eclipse falls in the sign of Aquarius indicates that the changes it brings could involve friendships, social networks and the collective.  It will have strong themes of freedom and authenticity, and is a repeat of the same eclipse that occurred on July 28, 1999.  I urge those of you old enough to remember to reflect on that time in your life and see if any similar issues are resurfacing.  This eclipse occurs at the south node of the moon, so it literally is all about releasing the past and behaviors that no longer serve us.

Retrograde Mars in Aquarius is really calling the shots in this eclipse.  It is also out of bounds because its declination is greater than 23 degrees and 27 minutes north or south of the sun, which makes it even more out of control and amps up the frustration level.  In addition to being conjunct the moon, Mars is conjunct the south node in Aquarius, which increases the emphasis on the collective and humanity.  But its conjunction to the south node also generates conflict by bringing up resentments from the past and can be a time when we need to stand up for ourselves.  Mars is also opposing the sun in Leo, which is very unpredictable and can trigger some emotionally jarring events.  But try to remember that the sun in Leo is also conjunct the north node in Leo, which is providing us with the courage to forge ahead in our path.

Mars is also involved in an ongoing square with Uranus in Taurus, which will be exact on August 1, 2018.  The first exact square occurred on May 15, 2018.  The main thing to remember with Mars squaring Uranus is that it tends to bring fast moving events and lots of chaos.  Mars squaring Uranus is also about social revolution, which we are certainly seeing plenty of these days.  The higher manifestation of this energy is Mars pouring energy into the sign of Aquarius to benefit humanity by focusing on people as equal and not being critical of their differences. 

The lunar eclipse also falls on the nodal axis of the United States chart from July 4, 1776, featuring the north node in 6 degrees of Leo in the 8th house and the south node in 6 degrees of Aquarius in the 2nd house.  This will impact the economy and mark international trade endings and beginnings.  The actions and decisions that are made now in our country will have a pivotal effect in the way the world moves.

As for me personally, this eclipse falls in my 4th house, squaring my natal Mercury and Pallas Athena in Scorpio in my 1st house.  And it opposes my Jupiter in Cancer in the 10th house.  This year’s eclipses involve my 4th and 10th houses, so I have been seeing big changes on the home front and in my career.  The recent upset with the SB 2621 bill that would challenge the livelihood of not only Reiki practitioners, but yoga and Tai Chi as well. The current law protects Reiki practitioners but if SB 2621 is passed, that may very well change.  I am definitely opposed to human trafficking, but depriving people of their livelihoods and the public’s right to access natural healing therapies is not the best way to go.  So I guess you could say that I have already been feeling the impact of this lunar eclipse in Aquarius.

And just to give you all fair warning that Mercury is retrograde until August 19, 2018, when it stations direct in 11 degrees of Leo.  You know the drill: don’t sign any contracts if you can help it, take a new job, or purchase a car or electronic devices.  Expect delays in communication and transportation.  Try not to make any major decisions, but instead use this time to reflect and review on what is important to you in your life.  Take stock of what isn’t working so that you can implement whatever changes need to be made when Mercury is direct and preferably out of its shadow in early September.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including this summer’s eclipses, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn retrograde, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone. 

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also offering my Mars Retrograde Special reading which is another tool for dealing with the frustrations of the Mars retrograde transit, which began on June 26, 2018. 

Here is the link for my Mars Retrograde Special:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/mars-retrograde-special.html

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:

As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.








No comments:

Post a Comment