name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Retrograde Out of Bounds Mars in Aquarius Runs Amok as the Sun Enters Leo and Mercury Retrogrades in Leo

Follow Me

Friday, July 20, 2018

A Retrograde Out of Bounds Mars in Aquarius Runs Amok as the Sun Enters Leo and Mercury Retrogrades in Leo




I know that I have written about Mars being out of bounds before, in my August 12, 2016 blog post, but this time it is even more personal for me because my natal Mars is in Aquarius and due to the Mars retrograde transit this year, I am experiencing Mars transiting my 4th house for 10 months of 2018 and a Mars Return to boot in mid-October.  I was also born with a natal Mars out of bounds. Here is a quick reminder about what it means when a planet is described as out of bounds.  A planet is out of bounds when its path is outside the plane of the ecliptic, which is the general path followed by the Earth and other planets as they orbit the Sun. Its orbit is greater than 23 degrees and 27 minutes north or south of the equator. 

Mars in Aquarius has been out bounds since July 7, 2018 and will remain out of bounds until September 24, 2018.  Mars was previously out of bounds from mid-March through early April 2018 in the sign of Capricorn.  And during the Mars retrograde transit Mars will slip back into Capricorn and will station direct in 28 degrees of Capricorn on August 27, 2018.

Mars in Aquarius is a rebel and iconoclast and when it is out of bounds, its wild card energy is amplified.  Any planet that is out of bounds will manifest its energy in an unpredictable way.  Mars in Aquarius out of bounds will feature actions that are bold and innovative, but there will be less control displayed as we won’t have access to any filters. Anger can erupt more suddenly and turn into rage that is difficult to contain.  This can be even more emphasized if anger and resentment have been suppressed and building in pressure.  I can personally attest to this fact with my natal Mars in Aquarius as I have been dealing with anger more intensely and I have been hearing similar tales from friends and clients during this particularly potent Mars retrograde transit.

Mars in Aquarius has been on the receiving end of some heavy action from other planets, especially Venus in Virgo.  On that day I tweeted:
Mars in Aquarius tends to focus its anger towards others, the people we consider different from us.  And with Mars being out of bounds in a fixed sign, it is important to remember to channel that courage, ambition and will power constructively.  Try to find a positive outlet for angers and frustrations that are bound to surface by hitting the gym, running or working those arm muscles.  And don’t forget the positive traits of Aquarius: the ability to breathe, take a step back and remove yourself from the situation that triggers the emotion so that you can access the positive assertiveness of Mars in Aquarius.  Aquarius is renowned for its ability to detach and we are all being called on to tap into that these days.

Mercury will be stationing retrograde in 23 degrees of Leo on July 26, 2018, just one day before the lunar eclipse in 4 degrees of Aquarius on July 27, 2018. Mercury stations direct in 11 degrees of Leo on August 19, 2018.  So, on top of Mars retrograde and eclipse season, we have a Mercury Retrograde to contend with.

I will be covering the lunar eclipse in greater detail in next week’s blog post, but I just wanted to give everyone a head’s up that Mars in 4 degrees of Aquarius will be very active in this lunar eclipse. It will be conjunct the south node of the moon in 5 degrees of Aquarius as well as the moon in 4 degrees of Aquarius.  These aspects will have a profound effect on friendships, bringing back people from our past, and eliminating behaviors and emotional patterns that no longer serve our best interests.  It is truly a time of releasing outworn emotional energy.

On July 30-31, 2018, Mars will be the closest to the Earth since 2003.  It will be highly visible and the aggressive nature of Mars will be amplified.  And Mars in Aquarius is moving into an exact square with Uranus in Taurus on August 1, 2018 in 2 degrees of the respective signs. What can we expect with Mars squaring Uranus?  This transit provides a strong urge to break free from restrictions and rebel against authority.  It can be a very disruptive influence if we act rashly without regard for the consequences but it can also lead to creative breakthroughs if we channel this energy constructively.

But there is some cause for rejoicing when the sun enters the fire sign of Leo on July 22, 2018.  The sun in Leo is a time to shine, enjoy life, play and be generous.  The flip side of Leo is a tendency to be self-centered and vain with an inclination to be arrogant.  But the sun rules Leo and is very comfortable in its home sign, so enjoy its fun loving and creative vibe.  And the sun in 4 degrees of Leo will be in direct opposition to that retrograde out of bounds Mars in 4 degrees of Aquarius on the lunar eclipse of July 27, 2018, which may bring some more emotional fireworks.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including this summer’s eclipses, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn retrograde, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone. 

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also offering my Mars Retrograde Special reading which is another tool for dealing with the frustrations of the Mars retrograde transit, which began on June 26, 2018. 

Here is the link for my Mars Retrograde Special:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/mars-retrograde-special.html

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.







No comments:

Post a Comment