name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Solar Eclipse in Leo Caps Off Eclipse Season

Follow Me

Friday, August 10, 2018

A Solar Eclipse in Leo Caps Off Eclipse Season





The final eclipse of 2018 may be a partial solar eclipse, unlike the total solar eclipse of August 21, 2017, which was also known as the Great American Eclipse, but it will by no means be inconsequential because it also a Supermoon. It will occur on August 11, 2018 in 18 degrees of Leo at 5:58 a.m.

Leo is the sign that rules the heart and love. This eclipse will feature themes of love, creative self-actualization and making choices from our heart.  It will be a time to explore the path of your heart’s desires. There is a new state of awareness coming and it is futile to resist it.  This eclipse is also a repeat of a solar eclipse that occurred on August 11, 1999 in 18 degrees of Leo.  If you are old enough to remember it, I encourage you to reflect on your soul’s growth in the past 19 years because there could definitely be some themes repeated or even closure of a cycle in your life.  I can tell you that this eclipse will bring sudden, radical shifts as it can result in a collapse of existing structures and the rebuilding will have far reaching effects.  And the fixed signs of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius will feel it the most.

The astrological panorama for this solar eclipse is intense, to say the least.  For starters, it features seven (7) retrograde planets: Mars, Mercury, Saturn, Neptune, Chiron, Pluto and Uranus, which stationed retrograde on August 7, 2018, inspiring me to tweet:
Eclipses are always considered to be wild card energy, but this one is particularly Uranian because it occurs only four days after Uranus stationed retrograde.  Uranus in 2 degrees of Taurus is also squaring the north node in 5 degrees of Leo and the south node in 5 degrees of Aquarius.  The bottom line with Uranus squaring the nodal axis on the day of a solar eclipse of this magnitude is that it will have a major impact on our collective future destiny.  Uranus in 2 degrees of Taurus is also trining Saturn in 3 degrees of Capricorn.  While trines are usually considered to be favorable aspects, the diametrically opposed natures of these two planets are not exactly compatible. They are literally a clash of viewpoints. Uranus craves freedom and Saturn is all about preserving the status quo.  This can play out in a real stop and go type of vibe in which it feels difficult to make any progress.  But the saving grace of this aspect is that if we exercise patience and diligence (Saturn) we can achieve the change we desire (Uranus).

The solar eclipse in 18 degrees of Leo also squares Jupiter in 14 degrees of Scorpio.  Since Jupiter loves to amplify anything it touches, count on it to magnify our feelings and we may be prone to overreacting, especially with the sun and moon in Leo, a sign that loves drama.

We do have one especially nice aspect featured in this solar eclipse: the ongoing trine of Jupiter in Scorpio to Neptune in Pisces.  This is a marvelous aspect for instilling compassion and faith.  Meditation, reflection and soul searching are favored with this aspect.

There is an extremely fated quality about this eclipse because it features a yod involving Pluto in 19 degrees of Capricorn and Neptune in 15 degrees of Pisces.  Pluto and Neptune are forming a supportive sextile with each other but both are forming an irritating inconjunct with the sun and moon in Leo. Pluto’s role in this eclipse contains themes of transformation and loss while recognizing our fears and adjusting our behavior to adapt to the ever changing and challenging circumstances that we face.  And there will be issues of authority with Pluto involved.  We will have lessons to learn regarding personal will and power in terms of letting go of our ego as learn to rule with Neptune’s compassion while utilizing Pluto’s insight to incorporate our spiritual values into our use of personal power.  There is a very mystical feeling with this yod.  It is also a fabulous opportunity to change our emotional patterns to support the changes and move forward.

Don’t forget to set a new intention on the day of the solar eclipse because it is literally a new moon, even if I tend to refer to solar eclipses as new moons on steroids.  And the same holds true for lunar eclipses; they are like full moons on steroids.  Take a look at what house this eclipse falls in your chart and set a new intention through prayer, meditation, affirmations or whatever ritual you feel comfortable with.  This eclipse falls in my 11th house, so I should be setting new intentions for my goals and social networks.   It is also squaring my natal sun and Venus in Scorpio and opposing my natal Mars in Aquarius.  So I am not kidding when I say that this solar eclipse will affect fixed signs.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including this summer’s eclipses, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn retrograde, Mars retrograde in Aquarius, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone. 

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also offering my Mars Retrograde Special reading which is another tool for dealing with the frustrations of the Mars retrograde transit, which began on June 26, 2018. 

Here is the link for my Mars Retrograde Special:

https://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/mars-retrograde-special.html

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.






No comments:

Post a Comment