name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Spiritually Healing Full Moon in Pisces and Mars Direct

Follow Me

Friday, August 24, 2018

A Spiritually Healing Full Moon in Pisces and Mars Direct


We have a full moon in 3 degrees of Pisces coming up on August 26, 2018 but this may turn out to have plenty of opportunity for spiritual healing and not manifest as the usually dreaded full moon.  For starters, it’s not a lunar eclipse like last month.  A full moon in a water sign is bound to be emotional, especially when it occurs in Pisces, probably the most sensitive of the water signs, but this contains a strong theme of spiritual healing if we tap into its energy.  The highest level of a Pisces moon entails themes of compassion, kindness and a very mystical quality.  Don’t forget that we are still under the benevolent influence of that Jupiter in Scorpio/Neptune in Pisces trine that was exact on August 19, 2018.  This aspect encourages us to dream big and gives us a mystical connection to our source of inspiration.  It is indeed a time to expect miracles and manifest our dreams.

A Pisces moon can bring confusion, feeling like one is in a fog, overwhelmed or victimized.  Just don’t get caught up in the victim role and watch out for those addictions. Feelings will come to a head during this time as emotions are always heightened during a full moon in a water sign.  But it can shine a light on what you need to know.  I think that this is especially true in my case because this full moon in Pisces will trine my Mercury in Scorpio.  That phrase “more will be revealed” is definitely relevant for me personally.

One potential sticky aspect with this full moon is the fact that Venus in Libra is squaring Pluto in Capricorn.  I have a natal Venus Pluto square and I am fully aware of the fact that this aspect has the potential to bring intense feelings in relationships with issues of power and control emerging.  It has a fated quality about it and it could even bring a new relationship into your life.  If you have any planets in 18 or 19 degrees of the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn you will definitely feel this aspect.  Once again, I am in the astrological crosshairs of this aspect with my midheaven in 19 degrees of Cancer.
Another challenging aspect that occurs on the full moon is Mercury in 15 degrees of Leo inconjunct Neptune in 15 degrees of Pisces.  The major theme of inconjuncts is the need to make adjustments and in this case we may need adjust the need to communicate and make an impact with our words while surrendering our expectations for a specific outcome.  It is requiring us to trust in the process, surrender and have faith.  All of this is easier said than done, but it is a very Piscean theme.

A really important thing to remember with this full moon is that while the moon is in the sensitive sign of Pisces, the sun is in the practical earth sign of Virgo.  Virgo is very detail-oriented and efficient.  A full moon in Pisces calls for us to find a balance between practicalities and our connection to a Higher Power.  Astrologer Pam Gregory described it as “Divinity in the Detail” and I couldn’t agree more.

There is actually a Grand Earth Trine that occurs on August 25, 2018 involving the sun in 2 degrees of Virgo, Uranus in 2 degrees of Taurus and Saturn in 3 degrees of Capricorn.  This is a very stabilizing influence for new and inspired forms to support our healing and growth.  With Saturn and Uranus working harmoniously together, we can experience innovation and new ideas for the earth.  It is also very grounding energy for reaching out to attain our bigger dreams and let’s not forget that this full moon can be an opportunity to manifest our dreams.

The earth energy has been building and supporting us all week. On August 21, 2018 the moon in Capricorn trined Uranus in Taurus and conjuncted Saturn in Capricorn, inspiring me to tweet:
But I am saving the best for last because the icing on the cake occurs on August 27, 2018 at 10:05 a.m. on the east coast when Mars stations direct in 28 degrees of Capricorn.  For those of you living under a rock, Mars has been retrograde since June 26, 2018 and Mars Retrograde has been the bane of many people’s existence all summer.  We always have several planets retrograde in the summer, including Mercury, but between Mars Retrograde and three instead of two eclipses, it has been a tough summer. Most people that I know, both friends and clients, have described it as feeling just plain stuck. 

Now that Mars is going to station direct, we will all have more energy to move forward.  Of course, it’s important to remember that when a planet is stationary, its energy is magnified.  Mars is also about heat and fire and there is no denying the fact that this summer has seen more than its fair share of excessive heat and fires. 

It may take a few days for us to reap the full benefits of Mars direct, but I feel confident that by early September we will feel more energetic and confident to move forward.  Mercury will have cleared its retrograde shadow by September 2nd, and Mars will move back into Aquarius on September 10, 2018.  Full steam ahead in terms of making progress on those goals we have spent the summer reviewing and revising.  Transiting Mars in Aquarius will actually be conjuncting my natal Mars in Aquarius in mid-October 2018, so I will definitely be feeling a surge of energy as I experience my Mars Return.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including this summer’s eclipses, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn retrograde, Mars retrograde in Aquarius, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone. 
My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.







No comments:

Post a Comment