name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: September Ushers in a Period of Progress as Mercury Enters Virgo and Saturn Stations Direct

Follow Me

Friday, August 31, 2018

September Ushers in a Period of Progress as Mercury Enters Virgo and Saturn Stations Direct




Prepare to get unstuck in the month of September.  I know that many people, myself included, have felt the palpable frustration of feeling stuck this summer.  A huge reason for this malaise was the retrograde party that was in effect during the summer.  Mars retrograde certainly didn’t help matters, either.  But Mars stationed direct on August 27, 2018, inspiring me to tweet:
August has been a really difficult month with Mercury, Mars, Saturn, Pluto, Uranus, Neptune and Chiron retrograde, a powerful solar eclipse in Leo on August 11th and an emotionally charged full moon in Pisces on August 26th.  And then were the deaths of Aretha Franklin, John McCain and Neil Simon.  It has been a real clearing process.  August is always a difficult month for me personally because it marks the deaths of my mother and brother, but this year death seemed to be a major theme.  But I keep reminding myself that rebirth follows death and I think that is something we all need to remember. Personally, I will be thrilled when the month of August is over.  Enough already, I say.

Mars stationed direct in 28 degrees of Capricorn on August 27, 2018.  It will remain in the sign of Capricorn until September 10, 2018 when it re-enters Aquarius.  While Mars is still in Capricorn, I urge everyone to take responsibility for launching your goals.  Mars in Capricorn imbues us with a sense of needing to take things seriously and Capricorn is definitely renowned for its responsible nature.

Communications start to improve on September 5, 2018 when Mercury enters its home sign of Virgo where it remains until September 21, 2018.  Mercury rules both Virgo and Gemini, so it is very comfortable there.  The transit of Mercury in Virgo will add a precision to our speech, thought and process.  Our minds will be as sharp as a tack as we find ourselves to communicate more efficiently, focus on details more easily and make practical decisions.  This can be a very productive time so make the most of it.  The only downside of Mercury in Virgo is a tendency to be too critical.  If we are mindful of that, we will reap the benefits of the Mercury in Virgo transit.

On the following day, September 6, 2018, Saturn will station direct in 2 degrees of Capricorn.  Saturn has been retrograde since April 17, 2018, so this will definitely be a welcome change. Saturn inherently likes to test our patience and discipline, but when it is retrograde, that energy is internalized and the testing process feels even more frustrating.  And having Saturn and Mars retrograde was truly a karmic testing period when progress seemed totally elusive and frustration and delays were a way of life.

Saturn in direct motion will provide us with the energy to move forward in a more organized and focused manner. We can start to take actions that will affect our destiny.  It is literally like a karmic weight has been lifted and we feel free to get on with making the changes that will positively impact our future.  If we have done the work of reviewing our goals and doing our due diligence, we face a time of reaping the rewards that we have so justly earned during this trying summer of retrogrades.  And on September 30, 2018, Pluto will station direct in 18 degrees of Capricorn.

So the good news about September 2018 is that we get a chance to make some headway and progress in our lives after months of feeling tied down.  As a tarot reader, I feel that the past few months have been symbolized by the Eight of Swords tarot card.


I am choosing to believe that September 2018 will usher in a period of mastery and change, which I think is best represented by the Magician card.


Here’s to putting the wisdom that we have attained in the past few months to constructive use as we cross the threshold of change.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including this summer’s eclipses, Pluto in Capricorn retrograde, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone. 

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:
As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.
If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


Happy Labor Day weekend to all in the United States!




No comments:

Post a Comment