name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: October Starts off on a Powerfully Transformative Note with Pluto Stationing Direct and Mercury and Venus Moving into Scorpio

Follow Me

Friday, October 4, 2019

October Starts off on a Powerfully Transformative Note with Pluto Stationing Direct and Mercury and Venus Moving into Scorpio





Libra season may have just begun, but the month of October promises a strong infusion of Scorpio energy.  On October 3, 2019, Pluto stationed direct in 20 degrees of Capricorn after having been retrograde since April 24, 2019.  It is common knowledge that when a planet is in a stationary position, either getting ready to go retrograde or direct, its influence is especially powerful.   And let’s face it, Pluto is the planet that pertains to transformation and rules Scorpio to boot.  Pluto is also about power, and after having spent five months reflecting on our deepest desires and needs, Pluto stationing direct is a green light from the universe to reclaim our power in whatever area of life Pluto was retrograde and holding us back.  It’s high time for some deep emotional release as we confront the darkest parts of ourselves and others.  On October 3rd, I tweeted:
Mercury also entered Scorpio on October 3, 2019 for an extended stay until December 9, 2019 courtesy of the upcoming Mercury Retrograde which officially starts on Halloween and ends on November 20, 2019. Mercury in Scorpio is one tough cookie.  Communications are bound to be more probing and intense because when Mercury in Scorpio the inner detective has free reign in terms of seeking out hidden truths.  Profound thoughts will emerge and our thinking will be more focused and downright obsessive.  And don’t forget the sharp and stinging language that Mercury in Scorpio is notorious for.  Or as I have often described my own Mercury in Scorpio, it’s like a mouth that should be registered as a lethal weapon.  I reflected on Mercury’s extended stay in Scorpio in my tweet of October 3, 2019:
We have a couple of other events occurring before Venus enters Scorpio on October 8, 2019.  Mars enters Libra on October 4, 2019 where it stays until November 19, 2019. Mars in Libra is much more subdued and assertiveness is weakened.  Mars rules Aries, so it is definitely not in peak form in the sign of Libra.  It is literally considered to be in detriment when Mars is in Libra or Taurus because they are challenging signs for the action oriented planet to be transiting.  Vacillation is a key theme for Mars in Libra because we are able to see many different sides of an issue, which can lead to bouts of indecision.  And then there is the people pleasing side of Libra that hates to offend anyone.  Indirectness is a trademark feature of this transit and the shadow side of Mars in Libra is the tendency towards passive-aggressiveness.  But the good news is that since it takes Mars two years to complete a cycle, we only have to deal with this every two years.

On October 6, 2018, Mercury in Scorpio will be opposing retrograde Uranus in 5 degrees of Taurus.  Our thinking processes will be speeded up and we may experience some temporary tension and anxiety.  There is the potential for some flashes of genius to occur, but I wouldn’t recommend making any major decisions based on them.  Computers and electronics could malfunction as well.  The best way to deal with this energy is to literally go with the flow.

On October 8, 2019, Venus enters Scorpio until November 1, 2019.  Venus is in detriment in Scorpio, so between Mars in Libra and Venus in Scorpio in signs of detriment, relationships will feel like a roller coaster ride.  Venus in Scorpio can bring feelings of jealousy, obsessiveness and power struggles.  I have a natal Venus in Scorpio and I can attest to the fact that it is very emotional, intense and passionate.  When Venus is transiting Scorpio, our fears of being vulnerable or surrendering our power to others are heightened.  The bottom line with Venus in Scorpio is that relationships feel like they are all or nothing.  That is the nature of the beast that is Scorpio, a sign of extremes. With Mercury also in Scorpio and Pluto, the ruler of Scorpio, now direct and operating at full throttle in Capricorn, we are all going to be feeling the intensity of this Scorpio energy long before the sun enters Scorpio on October 23, 2019.  Hang on, it could be a very wild ride…

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $35.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.
Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:



This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.
My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.
I am also available for tarot readings in person if you are in the Boston area or by telephone if you are unable to travel to my home in Newton, MA.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.
If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments at my home in Newton, MA on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.














No comments:

Post a Comment