name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Lunar Eclipse in Leo Roars from the Heart

Follow Me

Friday, February 10, 2017

A Lunar Eclipse in Leo Roars from the Heart



The first eclipse of 2017 is here!  A lunar eclipse in 22 degrees of Leo will occur at 7:33 p.m. on February 10th on the east coast of the United States.  Leo is the sign of the lion and it rules the heart. As we all know,there are two sides to every sign.  The less evolved Leo rules from the ego and operates from a place of domineering others, while the more evolved Leo rules from the heart and is generous, confident, creative and concerned with the welfare of others. How will this lunar eclipse in Leo manifest?

There are very some auspicious aspects for this lunar eclipse.  For starters, it features a Grand Fire Trine involving the moon in 22 degrees of Leo, Saturn in 25 degrees of Sagittarius and Uranus in 21 degrees of Aries.  A grand fire trine is inherently supportive for creative energy but having Saturn in the mix makes it easier to manifest those ideas.  Saturn is involved in an ongoing trine with Uranus in Aries for 2017, so this should be an easier year to implement the changes we seek in a more grounded way.  The only potential danger with all of this glorious fire energy is a tendency to let our egos run rampant, so check your egos at the door.

This lunar eclipse also activates the ongoing Jupiter in Libra/Uranus in Aries opposition.  When Jupiter and Uranus are in opposition, there are bigger and better possibilities out there and fast moving change prevails.  Jupiter expands consciousness, fueling the feelings of exhilaration and creativity.  It is not impeded by the fact that Jupiter stationed retrograde on February 6th because Jupiter retrograde is very adept at integrating inner wisdom.

We also have a Yod aspect (aka the Finger of God or Finger of Fate) featuring Chiron in Pisces as the apex of the yod with the Leo moon sextiling Jupiter in Libra.  Chiron in Pisces is inconjunct both the full moon in Leo and Jupiter in Libra.  Ask anyone with a yod aspect in their chart and they will tell you that it can bring sudden changes and events that seem to spring out of nowhere.  But Chiron in Pisces holds the promise of a spiritual lift and enormous potential for healing. 

A Mystic Rectangle also features prominently in this lunar eclipse.  This happens because there are two sextiles and two trines involved. The Sun in Aquarius trines Jupiter in Libra and the full moon in Leo trines Uranus in Aries.  The sextiles include the full moon in Leo sextiling Jupiter in Libra and the sun in Aquarius sextiling Uranus in Aries.  This configuration is incredibly lucky for manifestation, so be sure to meditate around this lunar eclipse.  All eclipses bring changes, but this one in particular holds the promise of sudden changes!

The Sun in Aquarius at its highest manifestation is all about humanitarianism, innovative solutions and social awareness.  The fact that Uranus, the ruler of Aquarius, is such a heavy hitter in this lunar eclipse, only serves to amplify the potential for this manifesting as a positive eclipse.

But I would be remiss if I did not mention the potential for this eclipse running somewhat amok and wreaking a little havoc.  On February 8, 2017, we were under the influence of a Grand Cardinal Cross involving the moon in Cancer.  On that day I tweeted:



The Cancer moon opposed Pluto in Capricorn while Jupiter in Libra opposed Uranus in Aries. Jupiter and Uranus were forming a T-square with Pluto in Capricorn and that Cancer moon.  All of this spelled tension on many levels and we would be in a state of denial if we thought that this was not a major influence in this lunar eclipse.  Between all of this cardinal energy and the preponderance of planets in fire signs (Uranus in Aries, Saturn in Sagittarius, Mars and Venus in Aries), the lunar eclipse in Leo is bound to be a very high energy drama filled time.  But it can bring good changes.

The big question is where does this lunar eclipse fall in your chart?  It falls in my 11th house conjunct my Pluto in Leo and squares my Sun and Venus in Scorpio in the 2nd house.  All of this seems relevant to me as I am focusing on my goals of expanding my dreams of increasing my healing practice.  If you are curious as to how this eclipse affects you, please consider getting an astrological reading with me.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign and house placement as part of my coaching program.  After all, The New Year, especially a Universal Year 1, is a marvelous time to navigate a new direction in your life that will fulfill you and your soul’s purpose. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer a basic astrological reading that will offer insight into your astrological DNA and the major themes in your life and delving into any pressing issues, one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months. If you purchase a three or six month transit reading, I will .even take a peek at the eclipses of February 2017. They are here! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:



A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am still channeling that Virgo north node energy by offering my Reiki services.  If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


I have recently joined the International Center for Reiki Training Membership Association.

Please feel free to learn more about this wonderful organization at:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. I also began seeing clients on Sunday afternoons in Coolidge Corner, Brookline for Reiki treatments on February 5, 2017.  I actually signed the paperwork on the office sublet on January 27th, the day of the new moon in Aquarius, and when I opened for business on February 5th, Venus was in Aries in my 6th house.  Talk about working that entrepreneurial spirit!   You can learn more about my expanded practice, including the hours and address at:


I have also launched a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:



No comments:

Post a Comment