name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Summer Arrives with Neptune Retrograde and Mercury Heats Up Communication with Its Entrance into the Fire Sign of Leo

Follow Me

Friday, June 21, 2019

Summer Arrives with Neptune Retrograde and Mercury Heats Up Communication with Its Entrance into the Fire Sign of Leo




The Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, arrives on June 21, 2019 when the sun enters the water sign of Cancer at 11:54 a.m. on the east coast of the United States and marks the official start of summer. Traditionally, the sun in Cancer marks a time when we are more self-protective and sentimental. Nurturing others become more important to us and emotions run deep.  This year the Summer Solstice also features a great deal more emotional intensity as Mars in Cancer has been opposing Pluto in Capricorn, which could be triggering some power struggles and harsh truths.  This aspect was exact on June 19, 2019 when both planets were in 22 degrees of their respective signs. Mercury in Cancer was also opposing Pluto on that day, inspiring me to tweet:
The sun in Cancer is also setting the stage for two powerful eclipses in July.  The first is a solar eclipse in 10 degrees of Cancer on July 2nd and the second is a lunar eclipse in 24 degrees of Capricorn on July 16, 2019.  I am keenly aware of this eclipses because the solar eclipse conjuncts my Cancer south node in the 9th house and the lunar eclipse conjuncts my Chiron in the 4th house. Change is definitely on the horizon during the month of July.  And we have Mercury stationing retrograde on July 7, 2019 through the rest of July.

But the Summer Solstice also features Neptune in 18 degrees of Pisces stationing retrograde until November 27, 2019.  Neptune retrograde has a much subtler influence than Mercury retrograde.  It can be a mixed bag.  Whenever a planet stations retrograde or direct, its power is stronger.  Neptune in its highest state can generate compassion and deepened levels of compassion and creativity, but its shadow side can cause anxiety, confusion, uncertainty and urges for escapism that may involve addictive tendencies.

Neptune retrograde is definitely an opportunity to turn inward and get in touch with our higher self, but it also has a tendency to strip away or dissolve (key word for Neptune) the illusions, dreams and false realities that have been clouding our vision.  Neptune retrograde can reveal the source of pain that we have been trying to escape.  As a result of this, we may find ourselves experiencing feelings of betrayal, anxiety, fear depression, or guilt and/or engaging in a pity party.  Another thing we need to be mindful of when Neptune is retrograde is that if we have any health concerns it’s a prudent idea to get a second opinion because misdiagnosis is a common manifestation of Neptune retrograde.  We are also still somewhat under the influence of the recent Jupiter in Sagittarius square to Neptune in Pisces on June 16, 2019.  On that day I tweeted:
The bottom line with this Jupiter Neptune aspect is that our faith is being sorely tested through disappointments. And since this aspect has been a major theme of 2019, occurring in January and again on November 8, 2019, we need to pay attention to it.  And when it happens again in November, Neptune will be retrograde instead of Jupiter.

Mercury enters the fire sign of Leo on June 26, 2019 for an extended stay due to the upcoming Mercury retrograde.  Mercury will briefly return to Cancer on July 19, 2019 and then re-enter Leo on August 11th until August 29, 2019.  But just to give you a heads up, Mercury enters it retrograde shadow on June 21, 2019 in 24 degrees of Cancer and it stations direct on July 31, 2019 in 24 degrees of Cancer.

How will Mercury in Leo play out this summer?  Mercury in Leo will make our thinking and communication more confident and dramatic but we may not be such good listeners as we were when Mercury was in the sensitive, empathetic water sign of Cancer.  We will be in a mood to impress and this is prime time for self-promotion.  In short, use it to toot your own horn.  We will also be speaking more from the heart (which Leo rules) during this long transit of Mercury in Leo.  Don’t forget how generous Leo can be

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $35.  I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:



This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am also available for tarot readings in person if you are in the Boston area or by telephone if you are unable to travel to my home in Newton, MA.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments at my home in Newton, MA on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.







No comments:

Post a Comment