name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Rare Sun Mercury Conjunction and an Intense Full Moon in Taurus Add More Intensity to Scorpio Season

Follow Me

Friday, November 8, 2019

A Rare Sun Mercury Conjunction and an Intense Full Moon in Taurus Add More Intensity to Scorpio Season



Scorpio season is kicking into really high gear with two major aspects on November 11th and November 12, 2019.  On November 11, 2019 the sun and retrograde Mercury will be conjunct in 18 degrees of Scorpio.  Mercury will be visible for about five hours as a little black dot crossing over the face of the sun.  It is comparable to the effects of a solar eclipse and if you plan on watching it you should take the same precautions with your eyes that you take in viewing a solar eclipse.  We haven’t had a contact of the sun and Mercury in Scorpio since November 8, 2006 in 16 degrees of Scorpio and the next one will occur on November 13, 2032 in 22 degrees of Scorpio.

The sun Mercury conjunction will undoubtedly reveal some very important information but because Mercury is retrograde there could very well be some misunderstandings and crises occurring.  At the very least this will be a busy time mentally. This aspect favors making new plans because it has the feel of a new moon and solar eclipse despite the fact that it occurs the day before a full moon. 

On November 12, 2019 we have a powerfully intense full moon in 19 degrees of Taurus.  This comes just one week after Mars in Libra was square Pluto in Capricorn in 20 degrees of their respective signs and some of us may still be feeling its effects on the full moon.  On November 5, 2019, I tweeted:
It would be a vast understatement to say that this is going to be one complicated full moon.  It involves two fixed signs, Scorpio and Taurus.  Scorpio is ruled by Pluto and Taurus is ruled by Venus.  All full moons involve a theme of balance, but with these two signs, it pertains to balancing our physical needs (Taurus) and our spiritual needs (Scorpio).  A full moon is also characterized by a time of closure, completion, and culmination.  The sun in Scorpio indicates that some secrets could be revealed that alter the course of our action and the Taurus moon could see us reaping the fruits of our labors and completing goals.  Taurus is very connected with the material world and stability.  The sun in Scorpio is asking us to review what we need to release in our lives in order to transform and renew ourselves.

The full moon in 19 degrees of Taurus also trines Pluto in 21 degrees of Capricorn.  This aspect increases the emotional intensity and sensitivity while increasing our sense of perception and ability to psychologically transform ourselves.  The Scorpio sun is also forming a supportive sextile to Pluto in Capricorn.  And let’s not forget Saturn in Capricorn; it receives the same aspects from the sun in Scorpio and Taurus moon as Saturn and Pluto continue on their path for their big conjunction in 22 degrees of Capricorn on January 12, 2020.  This means that the potential for setting goals and making them real is highly favored with all of this focused energy.

This is also a highly creative full moon because it sextiles Neptune in 16 degrees of Pisces which can literally send us into some altered states of perception and inspiration.  Don’t forget that Scorpio sun trining Neptune as well; how sweet can it get?  We might find ourselves experiencing deep levels of compassion and forgiveness as a result of this aspect. 

We still have some challenging aspects on this full moon in addition to the sun opposing the moon.  It goes without saying that the moon is also opposing retrograde Mercury, so communications can become quite heated.  This theme is further amplified by the fact that the full moon in Taurus is inconjunct Mars in Libra, which recently squared Pluto in Capricorn.  All of this energy can lead to even more intensity, anger and impulsiveness.

But we have one more really sweet saving grace aspect on this full moon. Mars in 25 degrees of Libra sextiles Jupiter in 25 degrees of Sagittarius.  This is a very supportive aspect that bestows strength, courage and good fortune if we remain open to the opportunities that present themselves to us.

I am personally very invested in this full moon in Taurus because it occurs on my birthday and falls in my 8th house of transformation, rebirth, sex, death and joint finances.  I have no doubt that the coming year will be very significant for me and could usher in a year of major transformation.  And I know that the Sun Mercury conjunction will impact me in a big way because it is conjunct my sun and Venus in Scorpio in my 2nd house of personal finances and values. My mother always told me that I was due on November 11th and ever since I was a child, I have started celebrating my birthday on November 11th because it was a holiday—Veterans Day. It’s a tradition that I have continued throughout my life and I don’t see it stopping any time soon, although the Taurus moon inconjunct Jupiter in Sagittarius this year is warning me not to take the celebration to extremes.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $35.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:



This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.
My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am also available for tarot readings in person if you are in the Boston area or by telephone if you are unable to travel to my home in Newton, MA.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments at my home in Newton, MA on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


Happy Veterans Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment