name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Venus Pluto Conjunction in Capricorn Alludes to Power Struggles in Love and Money

Follow Me

Friday, February 22, 2019

A Venus Pluto Conjunction in Capricorn Alludes to Power Struggles in Love and Money


We are getting somewhat of an astrological breather this week after the intense full moon in 0 degrees of Virgo on February 19, 2019 when I tweeted:
The harshest aspect we are facing this week is a conjunction between Venus and Pluto in 22 degrees of Capricorn on February 22, 2019.  Sometimes conjunctions between planets can be easy and gentle aspects (such as between the Sun and Venus) but that is not the case with Venus and Pluto.  Pluto is a heavy hitter and its transformative nature is akin to undergoing labor pains.  With Venus conjunct Pluto in Capricorn, there are bound to be some power struggles in love and money rearing their ugly heads over these issues.  The very fact that they are conjunct in the sign of Capricorn reinforces the themes of control and power.  We will really need to be mindful of the tendency to control others and behave in ways that reflect feelings of jealousy, anger and obsession.  I have a natal Venus Pluto square and I am quite familiar with these themes in my life.

But the silver lining of this aspect is the fact that Venus conjunct Pluto can help us work through old karmic wounds if we use it constructively to address power imbalances in relationships and get deeper in touch with our own personal sense of self-value and power.  I know that this aspect will affect me in a very profound way as it is forming a conjunction to my natal Chiron in the 4th house and my progressed sun in Capricorn which is conjunct my natal Chiron now.  And I don’t think that anyone can ignore the difference that Chiron entering Aries (on February 18th when the sun entered Pisces) is having on the world.  It truly is the time to take personal responsibility for our own healing.

On February 22, 2019 we also have Mercury in Pisces squaring Jupiter in Sagittarius.  While this aspect can provide us with high hopes for the future it can also cloud our judgment and make us prone to neglecting the details.  This is a lot of mutable energy and one of the down sides of Mercury in Pisces is a tendency to over idealize.

But on February 23, 2019 Mercury in Pisces is forming a supportive sextile to Pluto in Capricorn which may help mitigate whatever damage occurred on the previous day.  Mercury in Pisces sextiling Pluto in Capricorn will bestow a kinder, gentler, more compassionate approach to communications that will help transform our relationships.  And it is also a boon for working together to manifest our ideals.  Hold that thought…

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 15 minutes or 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $25 or $35.  In the spirit of utilizing the energy of the January 5th solar eclipse in my 3rd house, I am starting to use FaceTime for my readings and have installed the Google Duo app on my phone for the benefit of my Android clients. So if you want to see me in addition to talking to me, I am giving you the option to do so. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:


This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 15 and 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.








No comments:

Post a Comment