name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: The Sun Enters Pisces, Chiron Enters Aries and a Full Moon in Virgo

Follow Me

Friday, February 15, 2019

The Sun Enters Pisces, Chiron Enters Aries and a Full Moon in Virgo




We are facing another week of big astrological changes.  Just two days ago we had a major conjunction between Mars and Uranus in Aries, inspiring me to tweet:
I sense that we will be experiencing the repercussions of this energy for a few more days.  On Valentine’s Day, Mars moved into the Venus ruled sign of Taurus, which can lend a note of stability to relationships and hopefully ensure that we act in a more reasonable and less impulsive manner.

But mark your calendars for February 18, 2019 because we have two major astrological events occurring.  The Sun enters the mutable water sign of Pisces and Chiron enters Aries until 2027. I confess that the transit of the sun in Pisces is one of my favorite times of year, being a fellow water sign.  The energy becomes much softer and more compassionate with a focus on forgiveness, letting go, acceptance and heightened creativity and imagination.  Feel free to indulge in meditation and enjoying a bit of fantasy. But be careful not to get caught up in that shadow side of Pisces that also embraces self-pity, addiction and feelings of victimization.  That fish can swim in two directions and you want to be sure that you are headed upstream as much as possible.

But the really major transit of February 18, 2019 is Chiron entering Aries until 2027.  Of course Chiron was briefly in Aries from late April through late September 2018.  It never got past two degrees of Aries but now it is here to stay in Aries for eight years.  Chiron is all about healing and with it moving from Pisces to Aries the focus shifts from healing our spiritual self to healing our ego and sense of self.

When Chiron is in Aries we will be more aggressive and quick moving as we seek to find our inner power and reclaim our inner warrior. But we will also be confronting some pretty deep wounds to our identity.  Chiron in Aries can also help us reveal where our fear of conflict keeps us stuck in self-destructive patterns.  Alternative methods of healing will be emphasized and we might find ourselves taking more responsibility for our health. Chiron will be transiting my 6th house for the first half of its transit in Aries, so I know that this will have a huge impact in my life.  If Chiron in Aries is transiting your sun, it can be a time of great physical healing.  Conversely, if Chiron is aspecting your ascendant, it can be a time fraught with hurt coming from others and you might choose to move on to a different group of friends.

Chiron has a pretty long cycle, given that most people are around the age of 50 when they experience their Chiron Return, unlike the Saturn Return, which occurs at age 29.  The last time that Chiron was in Aries was in 1968 and that was a pivotal time of change in this country and around the world.  Chiron in Aries literally screams “I am, I need to exist and be recognized.” So you can expect that this transit will involve healing that wound of identity and self- expression.

On February 19, 2019 we have a Full Moon in 0 degrees of Virgo.  This is also a Supermoon because it is 15% closer to the earth and larger than the regular full moon.  A supermoon can also increase the likelihood of high tides, earthquakes and tsunamis.  If you have trouble sleeping around this full moon, chalk it up to the effects of recent Mars Uranus conjunction in Aries on February 13th

Full moons are also about closure and completion and this one is no exception.  We could very well be ending a major episode in life and about to enter a new one.  A full moon in Virgo will contain themes of efficiency, natural forms of healing, and practical solutions to problems.  Virgo is ruled by Mercury and ironically on February 19th, Mercury in 16 degrees of Pisces enters the shadow period of its upcoming retrograde, which officially commences on March 5, 2019.  The best course of action under this full moon is to focus on the details and complete tasks at hand rather than launching new endeavors.  And be mindful of the fact that Virgo has a tendency to be critical, so watch that negative thinking.

Mercury in Pisces is also conjunct Neptune in 15 degrees of Pisces on the full moon and this will be a boon for creativity.  We may experience feelings of infinite possibilities and high ideals.  I have a natal Mercury Neptune conjunction, so I know how this feels.  It may require a reality check with all of this mutable energy.  But we do have Mars in 3 degrees of Taurus trining that full moon which can definitely support breakthroughs in relationships.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 15 minutes or 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $25 or $35.  In the spirit of utilizing the energy of the January 5th solar eclipse in my 3rd house, I am starting to use FaceTime for my readings and have installed the Google Duo app on my phone for the benefit of my Android clients. So if you want to see me in addition to talking to me, I am giving you the option to do so. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:

This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 15 and 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.










No comments:

Post a Comment