name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Venus and Mercury Switch Directions, the Sun Changes Signs and a Full Moon in Gemini

Follow Me

Friday, November 16, 2018

Venus and Mercury Switch Directions, the Sun Changes Signs and a Full Moon in Gemini




The game of musical planetary chairs continues at breakneck speed in the coming week to make the month of November a highly active astrological month.  On November 16, 2018, Venus stations direct in 25 degrees of Libra at 5:51 a.m. on the east coast of the United States.  At 8:33 p.m. Mercury stations retrograde in 13 degrees of Sagittarius until December 6, 2018 when it stations direct in 27 degrees of Scorpio.  That’s right, folks, if you feel like you didn’t have the full Mercury in Scorpio experience in October, you get one last shot at it because Mercury slips back into Scorpio on December 2, 2018.

With Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius for most of its transit, honesty and the truth will be essential themes.  And Mercury in Sagittarius is renowned for having no filters when it comes to speaking its truth.  It goes without saying that all Mercury retrogrades are a time to reflect and review all of the choices and decisions that we have made recently and perhaps revise them.  And the main thing to remember is that Mercury Retrograde is not a good time to sign contracts, buy a new car, computer, cell phone or accept a new job. Communications could be confusing, especially with Mercury in a mutable sign and expect transportation delays. 

On the plus side, we do have Venus direct now and it is in its happy place in the sign of Libra.  Of course Venus moves back into Scorpio on December 2, 2018, so make the most of Venus in Libra for the next couple of weeks.  We should have more clarity and insight on our relationships and financial picture.  Venus direct also gives us more freedom to make more commitments in these areas of our life and we have a total green light by December 18, 2018 when Venus clears its retrograde shadow.

Mars recently moved into the sign of Pisces on November 15, 2018, inspiring me to tweet:
Of course it took me several hours to realize that I had meant to say inclined in that post, which felt like Mercury Retrograde was starting early for me.  So I owned that mistake and tweeted:
Mars in Pisces is forming a very important aspect with Jupiter in Sagittarius which will be exact on November 19, 2018 in 2 degrees of their respective signs as they square each other.  This aspect can make us very idealistic and contribute to a tendency to bite off more than we can chew.  We may very well be overly enthusiastic and exuberant as we overestimate our abilities.  Since both of these planets are in mutable signs, there will be a lot of flexibility involved but things can change in the blink of an eye.  The bottom line with this aspect is to look before you leap, especially with Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius at the same time.

The sun moves into Sagittarius on November 22, 2018, which is Thanksgiving Day in the United States. The sun in Sagittarius has a much lighter vibe than the sun in Scorpio, when the focus was primarily on the need for an intimate connection with another or ourselves.  The energy will shift to reaching out to the world and expanding our horizons.  The sun in Sagittarius is also a time of more confidence and enthusiasm as we are more inclined to focus on the big picture.  Faith and hope are strong but there may be a tendency to have pie in the sky expectations, especially this year with Jupiter in Sagittarius.

We also have a full moon in 0 degrees of Gemini on November 22nd.  This is actually the beginning of a cycle of 5 full moons in 0 degrees and the next full moon in April 2019 will be in 29 degrees of Libra.  This tends to reinforce the belief that humanity is headed for new beginnings, as 0 and 29 are considered critical degrees.  A full moon in Gemini will have strong themes of communication and self-talk.

It’s also important to note that there are 7 planets in mutable signs on the day of this full moon.  The sun, Mercury and Jupiter are in Sagittarius, the moon is in Gemini, and Chiron, Mars and Neptune are in Pisces.  This probably won’t be the most focused full moon with all of this mutable, chameleon like energy because it is very reactive and impulsive.  It does promote creativity and if there is any drama at the Thanksgiving table, it should blow over fairly quickly.  At least Mars is out of fixed sign Aquarius, so the stubborn quality that Mars focused on for the past few months is missing.  The sun is conjunct Jupiter in 3 degrees of Sagittarius on this full moon, which means that Jupiter is also opposing the full moon in Gemini.  The only inherent danger with Jupiter opposing the moon is tendency to be dogmatic and judgmental.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am also offering short telephone astrology consultations for 15 minutes or 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $25 or $35 and would make a great holiday gift. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone. 

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.
If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


Happy Thanksgiving to my readers in the United States!



No comments:

Post a Comment