name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: July Ends with a Bang as Venus Enters Leo and Mercury Stations Direct on the Leo New Moon

Follow Me

Friday, July 26, 2019

July Ends with a Bang as Venus Enters Leo and Mercury Stations Direct on the Leo New Moon





The month of July is ending with a bang as Venus enters Leo on July 27, 2019, and the Leo energy is ramped up with a second new moon in July in 8 degrees of Leo on July 31, 2019.  The first new moon in July occurred on July 2, 2019 in 10 degrees of Cancer and packed the additional wallop of being a solar eclipse. Two new moons in a month are rare, and the term for this occurrence is a Black Moon.  We all know that when we have two full moons in a month it’s called a Blue Moon, which denotes the rarity of it happening.  But we also have Mercury stationing direct in 24 degrees of Cancer on July 31st as well.


Venus enters Leo on July 27, 2019 and stays in Venus until August 21, 2019.  The transit of Venus in Leo is generally a pretty upbeat time.  We are inclined to feel more warmhearted, generous, and extravagant as we take pride in love.  It can be a time when we crave being the center of attention and want adoration.  But its shadow side can include dramatic outbursts, so be mindful of that.

New moons are traditionally all about new beginnings and setting new intentions.  So July 2019 is a pretty special month because we have two opportunities to set new intentions.  It’s important to note what house in your chart this new moon is falling in to determine where you should be setting new intentions.  The first new moon/solar eclipse in Cancer on July 2nd fell in my 9th house conjunct my south node and I experienced a legal challenge that I managed to prevail in.  But this new moon in 8 degrees of Leo falls in my 10th house and is squaring my natal Saturn in Scorpio in my 1st house.  I am inclined to think that I will be setting my intentions regarding my career but I will need to be thorough, responsible and careful with that square to my Saturn.  In other words, I shouldn’t try to engage in any shortcuts.

What is the astrological backdrop of this new moon in Leo?  Well, for starters, we are dealing with the lineup of Saturn, Pluto and the south node in Capricorn which is heading towards that major conjunction of Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn in January 2020.  Pluto in Capricorn is deconstructing old systems of power in government and chaos could ensue.  On July 29, 2019, Uranus in 6 degrees of Taurus will be forming a challenging square with the Sun in 6 degrees of Leo, which can bring unease and uncertainty regarding our leaders. Don’t forget that Leo is symbolic of leadership. We are still under the influence of the ongoing square between Jupiter in Sagittarius and Neptune in Pisces that has been around since the beginning of 2019 and will be felt until October 2019.  This aspect can bring spiritual inspiration. But this Leo new moon is also sweetly trining Jupiter in 14 degrees of Sagittarius, which can help mitigate any damage from that Sun/Uranus square. 

Jupiter in Sagittarius, despite being retrograde, has been bestowing us favors recently.  On July 23, 2019 Jupiter was featured prominently in a Grand Fire Trine involving Mars in Leo and the moon in Aries.  On that day I tweeted:
And on July 25, 2019, we experienced the second trine of the year between Mars and Jupiter, which was the proverbial green light to pursue our dreams.  It inspired me to tweet:
We get another hit of that Sun/Uranus square on August 2, 2019 when Uranus also squares Venus in 6 degrees of Leo, which might have more of an impact on relationships and finances. The sun and Venus in Leo tend to create a more social and creative vibe, as well as triggering a desire for leadership.  The shadow side of all this Leo energy is a tendency towards overconfidence and impulsiveness.

The brightest and most celebratory note of this new moon in Leo on July 31st is the fact that Mercury stations direct in 24 degrees of Cancer at 11:58 p.m. on the east coast of the United States.  What a collective sigh of relief will be heard then! This Mercury retrograde has been in my 10th house, and I will be SO RELIEVED to see Mercury station direct.  I have experienced quite a siege of scheduling snafus with my clients in the past few weeks in terms of missed communications and appointments. Mercury in Cancer will also be conjunct the north node in Cancer on the day of the new moon, which can be a boon for working towards more compassion and empathy.  The north node represents our collective soul’s path for growth.  The bottom line is that if you have any planets in 22-26 degrees of the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn, you will feel activated to get on this soul growth train.

Mercury will re-enter Leo on August 11, 2019 and will clear its retrograde shadow on August 15, 2019.  But we can definitely expect to feel some relief in terms of delays, communication and transportation snafus when Mercury stations direct as these problems start fading away.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $35 and a telephone astrology consultation can be a perfect way to find out how the July 2019 eclipses affected your chart and impacted your life.  If you want a telephone astrology reading based on the July eclipses, please indicate that with a note when you purchase a reading. 

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:


This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.
My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am also available for tarot readings in person if you are in the Boston area or by telephone if you are unable to travel to my home in Newton, MA.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments at my home in Newton, MA on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:



If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.












No comments:

Post a Comment