name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: July Heats Up Astrologically with a Sun Pluto Opposition and a Lunar Eclipse in Capricorn

Follow Me

Friday, July 12, 2019

July Heats Up Astrologically with a Sun Pluto Opposition and a Lunar Eclipse in Capricorn



The month of July 2019 is already proving to be an intense and astrologically action packed month.  So far, we have had Mars enter the fire sign of Leo, a solar eclipse in Cancer, Venus enter Cancer and Mercury and Chiron have joined the retrograde party including Jupiter in Sagittarius, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn and Neptune in Pisces. We also had Mars in Leo squaring Uranus in Taurus on July 11, 2019, inspiring me to tweet:
On July 14, 2019, the sun in 21 degrees of Cancer forms an exact opposition to Pluto in Capricorn.  Whenever the sun and Pluto interact, it has a very Scorpionic vibe because Pluto is the ruler of Scorpio.  I am a Scorpio with my sun squaring Pluto, so I am all too aware of this energy.  The sun in the highly emotional water sign of Cancer squaring Pluto in Capricorn will no doubt trigger some obsessive and compulsive behaviors, and holds the potential for jealousy to erupt and a strong desire for revenge.  Events can occur that are totally out of your control and we could experience a crisis with our self-esteem and changes in relationships. The transit of Pluto in Capricorn has a major theme of the collapse of the old order.

On July 16, 2019, we will have the second eclipse of the month and it will pack quite a punch.  It is a lunar eclipse in 24 degrees of Capricorn.  With the eclipse occurring in the sign of Capricorn, it could have a major impact in the areas of power, career, corporations, and government.  It is a south node lunar eclipse and that tends to reinforce the theme of letting go and releasing the old baggage that has been holding us back.  It could bring closure, shine a light on something we need to know or even help us reap the benefits of the fruits of our labor.

This lunar eclipse is a full moon on steroids, no doubt about it.  It will be conjunct Saturn in Capricorn and this adds to the heaviness and feelings of limitations.  It is also conjunct Pluto in Capricorn, which can be yet another trigger for obsessive feelings to rear their ugly head. Intense emotions will abound.  This is all going on against a backdrop of Saturn, Pluto and the south node in Capricorn moving towards an exact conjunction in 22 degrees of Capricorn in January 2020. We are quite literally meant to be releasing structures that have held us back in the past.  Is it any wonder that we are experiencing chaos and governments that are not functioning well?  The fact that this lunar eclipse occurs in 24 degrees of Capricorn impacts the natal chart of the United States because its natal Mercury is in 24 degrees of Cancer, so there could definitely be upsetting news that day, possibly involving trade issues.  Interestingly enough, this eclipse is conjunct the midheaven in 26 degrees of Capricorn of President Trump’s inauguration in January 2017.  It is also conjunct the United States chart’s natal Pluto in Capricorn in the second house, so values will be a big theme in the 2020 election.

Venus in Cancer is also featured heavily in this lunar eclipse.  It forms an irritating inconjunct with Jupiter in Sagittarius, so it can be very easy to be led astray or go overboard if we don’t make some adjustments.  But Venus in Cancer is also conjunct the north node in Cancer on the day of the eclipse, which can bring a great deal of empathy which we all need in order to be kinder and more sensitive to the needs of others.  Neptune in Pisces will be forming a flowing trine to Venus in Cancer and the north node in Cancer on the day of the eclipse and this is a good thing because it pulls us into the future and allows a healing release to occur.

Personally, I confess that this upcoming lunar eclipse will be impacting me big time.  It is exactly conjunct my Chiron in Capricorn in the 4th house, exactly sextiling my Venus in Scorpio in the second house, squaring my Neptune and Juno in Libra in the first house and opposing my Cancer midheaven, Jupiter and Uranus in the tenth house.  I am going to try to follow my advice to all of you on that day by laying low, trying not to engage in negative emotions and practicing as much detachment as I can muster.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $35 and a telephone astrology consultation can be a perfect way to find out how the July 2019 eclipses will be affecting your chart and impacting your life.  If you want a telephone astrology reading based on the July eclipses, please indicate that with a note when you purchase a reading. 

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:


https://prodca.click4talk.com/c4a/plink/popup.php?cid=24879&linker=147821

This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com  to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am also available for tarot readings in person if you are in the Boston area or by telephone if you are unable to travel to my home in Newton, MA.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments at my home in Newton, MA on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.






No comments:

Post a Comment