name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Super Full Moon in Taurus Illuminates and Kicks off an Eventful November

Follow Me

Friday, November 3, 2017

A Super Full Moon in Taurus Illuminates and Kicks off an Eventful November


The month of November started off with an exciting, energetic vibe with the moon in Aries opposing Mars in Aries, inspiring me to tweet:
This was the kickoff to the Super Full Moon in 12 degrees of Taurus on November 4, 2017 on the east coast of the United States.  It’s called a supermoon because it is so close to the earth and should be breathtakingly beautiful and huge.  Full moons are known for being times of completion and culmination when the fruits of our labors take form and secrets are revealed.  Lately, there has been no shortage of secrets being revealed, especially in the area of sexual abuse and harassment.  Jupiter in Scorpio is helping to expand our awareness on that issue.

This full moon in Taurus will literally light up our awareness by requiring us to release unhealthy attachments and chains that bind us.  The moon in Taurus is attached to material goods and security while the sun in Scorpio is more attached to emotional security.  Both are fixed signs and they can be stubborn and tenacious. They like to hang on to what they have and tend to fear losing what makes them feel secure. So we have our work cut for us on this score.

Venus is the ruler of this full moon while Neptune in Pisces, Jupiter in Scorpio and Saturn in Sagittarius also feature prominently.  Saturn in Sagittarius really started the ball rolling when it formed an exact square to Chiron in 24 degrees of Pisces on November 2, 2017.  This aspect served to put us in touch with our wounds and set us on the path to healing.  Hopefully it triggered some compassion to facilitate that healing process.  It inspired me to tweet:

I think that this tweet hit a collective nerve especially after the terrorist attack in Manhattan on Halloween.

But Venus in 25 degrees of Libra is really the star and choreographer of this full moon.  Venus rules Taurus, the sign of this full moon.  But on the same day of the full moon, Venus in Libra forms a challenging opposition to Uranus in 25 degrees of Aries.   Relationship issues will be front and center with this aspect, mark my words.  Finances and values, other Venus ruled issues, could also face some intense scrutiny with this aspect.  Values will be challenged as well during this full moon.  Venus opposing Uranus might cause some to shed stagnant relationship patterns.  But if you have a solid relationship, this might be an opportune time to revitalize your relationship and get back on track.  However, be mindful that if you meet someone new at this time, it just might be a short-lived relationship.  Venus opposing Uranus doesn’t exactly create a recipe for stability in relationships.

I just want to add that if Venus is transiting either your first or seventh house at the time of this full moon, you will definitely feel the effects of this aspect and the full moon on your relationship.  Transiting Venus in Libra is conjunct my Neptune in Libra in the first house and Uranus in Aries is transiting my seventh house, so I am trying to keep an open mind as to what unfolds.  This full moon is also opposing my Saturn in Scorpio in the first house while the sun is conjunct my Saturn.  This should be interesting…

Neptune in 11 degrees of Pisces is forming a delightful, supportive trine to the sun in 11 degrees of Scorpio on November 3rd, which could stir up our emotional and creative juices. Neptune in Pisces forms a sextile to the moon in 12 degrees of Taurus on the full moon, which will bring heightened sensitivity and emotions.  These aspects should elicit an enhanced sense of compassion and spirituality, but since Neptune is also known for its dissolving qualities, it could empower us to let go of possessions or attachments that no longer serve our best interests.

And then there is Jupiter in Scorpio.  It is conjunct the sun in Scorpio and opposing the full moon in Taurus, so we will be really focused on getting our basic security needs met.  Jupiter in Scorpio will be only too happy to oblige on that front.  Jupiter in Scorpio is also trine Neptune in Pisces.  This is another highly supportive aspect which has a mystical quality and brings unconditional love and healing to the table.  It can also accelerate transformation (Scorpio is the transformation poster child).  Don’t be afraid to try new healing modalities with this influence.  I know that this sounds like a shameless plug for Reiki, but give it a chance if you have never experienced Reiki.

Venus will be departing the sign of Libra to enter Scorpio on November 7, 2017 to join the rest of the Scorpio posse.  It will remain there until December 1, 2017.  But Mercury will leave Scorpio on November 5, 2017 to enter Sagittarius on November 5, 2017 as it prepares for the next Mercury retrograde, which charts on December 3, 2017.  Mercury will be in Sagittarius until January 2, 2018, but at least it will station direct in 13 degrees of Sagittarius on December 22, 2017 in time for Christmas. This doesn’t bode well for purchasing electronics as gifts.  More on this later and the effects of the Mercury retrograde shadow.

If you are curious as to how this full moon in Taurus, Jupiter and the sun in Scorpio will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. Especially with 2017 being a Universal Year 1, this is a marvelous time to navigate a new direction in your life that will fulfill you and your soul’s purpose. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3rd edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Additionally, I launched an endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights


And don't forget to turn the clocks back an hour before going to bed on November 4th for Daylight Savings Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment